“Sensational”
Review of The Northern Club - CLOSED

The Northern Club
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Husband and I are on a weeks holiday in Tasmania and our first restaurant choice was here at The Northern Club and was probably our best meal for the week. We had excellent service and our meals were simply divine. Again we made our choice through previous reviews and were, so impressed with the quality of all the dishes we chose.

2  Thank franceabound

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a group of business colleagues on a freezing cold Launceston night.

The first surprise was that the restaurant was extremely busy and it didn't take long to find out why. We shared a plate of oysters to snack on over pre-dinner drinks and they were followed by a plate of local scallops, lightly crumbed and delicious. My slow cooked shoulder of lamb was just as good. The food and sides were excellent.

The meal was complemented by some excellent reds with cheese and muscatel to complete a delightful evening. Good service and great food. I'll be back on my next trip to Tassie.

1  Thank AussieStrategist
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Me and my partner were looking for somewhere reasonably priced to go for our anniversary dinner, and we were not disappointed at The Northern Club! The waiter was friendly, and knew his wines well. Great value for money, as our plates were piled high! Will definitely be back again, had a fantastic evening!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great food, great wine, great night!!!!!!!!!!! The steak melted in your mouth, The oysters were to die for. The chocolate desert was divine.

1  Thank lisa t
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Northern Club is one of our favourite places to visit in Launceston for a fantastic meal in great surroundings. The new chef has excelled with a superb range of perfectly crafted meals. I had the slow cooked lamb shanks which were melt-in-your mouth done to perfection, but I also had some food envy for my dining companions choices too! The staff are friendly, attentive and hard-working and the owner is always on hand to ensure things run smoothly. Try the creme brûlée for dessert and enjoy a coffee or digestif by the fireplace if its a cold evening!

1  Thank aussiemarek