“Outstanding”

Mudbar and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 315 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Launceston's premier waterside dining experience showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine with an Asian flair and a great wine & drinks list featuring local wines, beers and spirits.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Totally loved our meal here and were pleasantly surprised. One of the best steaks have ever eaten and the chilli paste was to die for. We have just booked a return visit based on our last one. Do not miss the chance to eat here when in town !!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Nice decor let down by overpriced below average food.
The service at Mud Bar was pleasant, despite the waitress lacking any knowledge of the menu or of the wine list. That's the good news. The bad n I ordered the salmon and my husband a steak. My salmon was served on sweet potato mash, surrounded by pea mash. The entire dish was a soft bland tasteless mess lacking in texture. My husband's steak, at $36 should have been above average. Instead, although cooked medium rare it was chewy. It was not the quality of steak you would expect from the calibre of a restaurant. When he requested hot English mustard, because the steak tasted like meat you get from a supermarket, he was told that the kitchen don't stock it. I must say, I was suspicious when I was unable to find local reviews for this restaurant. Seems that this place caters only to tourists staying at the resort.

3  Thank ryderonthestorm
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Excellent food, nice service and certainly the best place for eating in Launceston!
The meals are not cheap but worth every dollar!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We moved to Launceston to Sydney 10 weeks ago, and we've been trying as many restaurants as possible. We've been to Mud three times - twice for lunch and once for dinner.

It's a happy, slightly noise place, perfect for a casual meal with friends.

The food was excellent every time. Not out of this world, but tasty and tasteful. A nice range of modern Australian. TIP: make sure you order 2 wasabi oyster shooters each. They are the best!

I'm really surprised by some bad reviews - but then I've been to Stillwater twice. Once great, but next time beyond awful with no staff. So I guess it's bad luck sometimes.

ps. The best fine dining we've had so far was The Terrace at the Country Club. Surprising.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was in Launceston for the day and stopped at Mud to have lunch. Staff were a little clueless but pleasant enough. The food was however excellent and it was one of the best meals I had during that 4 weeks I was on the road.

The development around the area was also quite interesting. Great day overall. I would definitely visit it again if ever I am next in town.