“Not like it used to be!”

Mudbar and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 314 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Asian, European, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Launceston's premier waterside dining experience showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine with an Asian flair and a great wine & drinks list featuring local wines, beers and spirits.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I used to love this place. Used it a lot for business dinners. After it initially changed hands I swore I would not go back after a disappointing visit but this week one last chance - wasted my $279. Poor service - guy forgot we were waiting for a table. 45 mins between entree and main and a well under cooked MR steak. I've told 15 people this week!!!

2  Thank Anyway123
There are newer reviews for Mudbar and Restaurant

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had a great time here. I started with bar food including some of the best and freshest oysters I've eaten recently. Worked my way through different entree's washed down with the Bream Creek Pinot Noir and the excellent Uberblanc glaetzer dixon riesling both Tas. The staff here are great, easy going, helpful and informative. A great afternoon can easily turn into a great evening here with plenty to eat and drink. Go!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Visited this restaurant/cafe bar Sunday of long weekend and we was very impressed with the service received from the staff working on that night. Kept up the the good work! We both had entrees and found the chillie in the side salad was abit over bearing. Main and dessert was great and we left feeling very satisified with our night out.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Came here for dinner with mixed reviews.
Service was mixed with a number of different waiters. Food was massive serves but not great quality. They could do better with improving the taste and quality of food rather than just a big amount. Flavour was there but not quite right.
It was very quiet when we were there mid week would be better on weekends.
Won't be returning here.

3  Thank sparklysuz
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We visited with our 12-month-old for an extended family dinner. The staff were lovely and accommodating and seated us at a large table at the very end of the restaurant where our son had room to play on the floor and we didn't need to worry about him disturbing other guests. Our mains arrived promptly and all were delicious. The desserts took a little longer to arrive, but it was worth the wait for the chocolate meringue. We will definitely be visiting again!