“Want out of this world service? Then look no further!”
Review of Batman Fawkner Inn

Batman Fawkner Inn
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Launceston
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This is a hotel I would stay again at again if I had a car, not a truck like I did this stay. It may be a 'backpackers' and my 1st time staying in one, but it was no different than a regular motel,although had a lot of history and charm. The managers (a husband & wife team) went above and beyond the regular realms to assist me with ALL my problems, (and there were many). I travel with a truck and although they having parking it's not suitable for a truck as it's too big. They went out of their way to find me somewhere I could put my truck and also guided me into the park, which was down the street a little. I rang in advance but didn't get in till late (around 10:30pm), but this was no problem and they stay open for me which normally they have retired for the evening.

Only downside to my room was that one wouldn't want to be obese as there was not much room between the wash basin and the wall to get to toilet. Look its not the 'Hilton' but the price isn't either. I've stayed in $500 a night hotel rooms and when your asleep the room looks the same, no matter where you are. I must admit all the ridiculously expensive hotels I've stayed at HAVEN'T had service like this!!!!

Once over the debarkle of the truck I needed a drink desperately and being Tasmania nothing was open. They went out of thier way YET AGAIN, to assist my deperate needs and wahlah a drink appeared. The manage also carried my bag up to my room, which is not as far as I'm aware a done thing, which help ease my stressful day.

The room was clean and comfortable and very spacious. The hall ways were quiet and there was no sign of life at 11pm, not even a faint sound of a TV. The premises are very safe and is secured at night so there is no access without a key and if that's not enough the hotel is also monitored with cameras for added comfort as well. Unfortunately this was the night the door across from me decided to play up. The door is alarmed but decided to chirp periodically, then more often, then back to periodically. Needless to say this kept me awake. The manage quite happily (at 1am) came to the rescue AGAIN and fixed the problem, with a smile on his face. It was clear he had been asleep and in a deep sleep but regardless was their to save MY DAY YET AGAIN. Nothing was too much for this lovely couple managing the place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 14, 2011

A wonderful crew who understand customers needs. A very friendly hotel who could not make you feel any more welcome. Clean and spacious rooms with great rates. We will def be back to stay on more than one occassion. After working in the industry many years I certainly have not stayed somewhere that made you feel like you were at home. Thanks for an enjoyable stay. Real pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Such and awesome building and great value for money! I stayed there for one night with some friends following a sea kayaking trip around Freycinet Peninsula, and we had the best time! The owners were very friendly and understanding, and we would love to go back!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aaron456495
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Everything about our stay was looked after in detail by Stephan and his family. Stephan was there to welcome us even though we arrived late, and provided us with all the information (including local tidbits) so that we could spend our time most fruitfully. Since his family also stays there, the feeling is that of being a guest in a large house rather than staying in a hotel where no one knows you. No strict curfew hours in the kitchen (obviously as long as one doesn't disturb others) - so one can help oneself to a midnight snack also unlike hostels where the kitchen is locked out after 10pm. Very helpful family and a centrally located, very well maintained hotel. Rooms are small but perhaps the owners want to retain the character of the building and do not want to tamper with the walls. Overall, a wonderful stay in Tasmania and highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Friendly welcome, clean spacious room, comfortable bed, just round the corner from bars and restaurants, very reasonable rates - I'd certainly stay here again, and I recommend it.
Joanna

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Great value, great location and friendly helpful staff. It is an old establishment but value for money you cant beat it! Recommend to all budget travellers

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2011

First look at the place it looks old. Correction, it IS old. and i was apprehensive about the stay. However, the lovely welcome from Koda and the warm welcoming of Stephan is
more than enough. the charm of the old building is a bonus. i appreciate the feeling it gives me.

Friends and myself stayed there for two nights. Stephan is the most generous and lovely man that i've met throughout my Aussie trip. He is a man with big heart. Sat and talked to him with Koda on the hotel lobby while he shared with me his story. Definitely exceeds expectation and definitely made me felt at home. He is like a big brother that shares his life experiences with us. And i really appreciate that. Thank you Stephan!

A little concern with the beds in the dorm thou. the bunk on the lower deck has very little free space ie i cannot sit upright properly without hitting my head by the upper deck.(i am only 1.7m). But that is the only small something that i need to voice out throughout my stay. The rest has been fabulous.

Andrea is a wildlife caregiver and thank you Andrea! For giving me a chance to feed a lil possum and played with it. The daughter has been a love too. Brought Koda for a walk in the park with me because Koda is such a lovely, lovely, lovely (i cant say enough!) and obedient dog.

Thank you all for such a welcoming stay to the entire family! It was such joy to be able to meet you guys.

I feel sad when i was about to leave the hostel! Will definitely visit if i am back in Launceston again!

Take care!