Having decided to drive from Adelaide to Melbourne, Mount Gambier seemed like a good place to stop for the first night. Having looked at the other choices, The Barn seemed like a no brainer. The rooms were modern and clean, and the bed comfortable - just what we needed after driving the best part of 500kms.
The only down side was that the walls were a bit thin, and we could clearly here the family in the next room watching TV and talking on the phone. Luckily they were quite come bedtime.
We ate in the Steakhouse and I can hand on heart say that it was the best steak I've ever had. And I've eaten in a lot of steakhouses! Breakfast was adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barn Accommodation features generously proportioned suites set amongst five acres of carefully manicured English style gardens. The majority of the accommodation has been constructed from Mount Gambier Limestone since 2009 and offers high quality amenities and a quiet country experience, just 5 mins from the regional capital of Mount Gambier. There are a myriad of stunning attractions for guests to explore in the region and of course the opportunity to dine at the award winning Barn Steakhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Barn Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Barn Hotel Mount Gambier
- Barn Accommodation Mount Gambier