Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 10/01/21
Expedia.com$100
Booking.com$101
eDreams$101
All reviews hotel restaurant studio room wine list bed was comfortable the main road stayed for two nights great menu good size excellent restaurant commercial street convenient location town centre easy access night stay great place to stay short drive park
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2017

We were pleasantly surprised by the nice, comfortable, well fitted out rooms. Access to the rooms is via a traditional inner car park suggesting a country motel, but the rooms are more reflective of a metro CBD property. The on-site restaurant is pretty good. Overall a good sleep and would stay again when in the area.

Management response:Responded April 4, 2017

Hello ArghONaught,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. Our hotel offers multiple levels of accommodation, and are pleased to hear that you liked your stay in one of our refurbished rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Mount Gambier.

Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night as needed to be at the local airport for a 6am flight .The rooms were clean and spacious although being on the highway side of the property we did get a bit of road noise but that quietened down around 9pm .......the staff were excellent and we went to the restaurant on the premises that was fantastic ...... great meals and service ..... many thanks and we will definitely be back ✅

Trip type: Traveled with family
Management response:Responded April 3, 2017

Hello Penny L,
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed both your accommodation and dining experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

Stayed for an onsite function, great location. Rooms very quiet even though its right on the highway. Beds were super comfy & shower was fantastic! We have family in town so probably wont stay again, but it was perfect for what we needed.

Room tip: We booked a Grand King Suite, a little extra money for a renovated room was worth it!
Date of stay: February 2017
Management response:Responded March 19, 2017

Dear Megan D,

Thank you for taking the time to review Commodore on the Park. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending a function onsite. We strive to provide comfortable accommodation and friendly service to all of our guest's. We are thrilled that we were able to meet you expectations. Should you ever required accommodation in Mount Gambier again, we would be pleased to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

Had we stayed at this motel mid week my review may well have been different but I was there on a Saturday night and there was a big wedding at the motel. This had two impacts on our stay. Firstly, "our restaurant is shut tonight for a private function". Disappointing as we had specifically booked this accommodation as it had a restaurant and rain was forecast. Yes, we were offered room service but that isn't what we wanted. So we walked about a kilometre downtown which would have been fine except it wasn't. The forecast was correct and it was pouring rain. However our disappointment on the lack of restaurant facilities turned to dismay went we returned to find the thumping music that invaded our room and didn't end until well past midnight.

Now I'd booked a few days earlier and paid the premium price of $170 for our room. That was on the expectation that I'd have restaurant facilities and a peaceful night. They took my money fully aware that these things were not going to be delivered. Did they warn me by email or 'phone? Was an explanation, apology or financial reduction offered on check in to compensate for this failure to meet my reasonable explanations? Did they offer me the opportunity to cancel the reservation and look for more suitable accommodation? Sadly the answer to these questions was NO. So "Evan Kosch and friendly staff" you robbed me ...... it's a simple as that!

As I write this review the afternoon following my stay my eyes are heavy and my head is still pounding from lack of sleep. I think I also have a cold coming on. So I hope in retribution those reading this will think seriously about staying in your motel. I will certainly never make a return visit.

Room tip: Avoid nights when there are noisy functions.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Tom K, Accommodation Manager at Commodore on the Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2017

Dear GKSWanderlust,
Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy you stay with us at Commodore on the Park. Your feedback is valuable to us, and I will pass your comments on to the appropriate departments.
We pride ourselves not only on our accommodation and restaurant business, but also being a highly sought after function venue within Mount Gambier. Unfortunately on this occasion, this meant that we did not meet your expectations. We encourage all guests to book ahead of time if they are intending to dine with us during their stay. This not only secures a table, but also gives guest that opportunity to cancel their accommodation, on the off chance that we are not able to meet their requirements. In this situation our staff are more than happy to assist with booking and organising a taxi at an alternate restaurant.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2017

I had a deluxe suite. Renovated, large and comfortable rooms. Good amenities and nice place to stay. Great having the bar and restaurant on site. I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant - had really nice eggs Florentine and continental breakfast. Nice décor and highly recommend this place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Shane S,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed both our accommodation and restaurant facilities. We offer multiple levels of accommodation, and are pleased to hear that you liked your stay in one of our recently refurbished rooms. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards,