“Worthy of the positive reviews”
Review of The Barn

The Barn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We select the best export quality beef available in the country. Our preference is for beef that is finished on grass as this provides meat with maximum flavor, just as nature intended. What we do differently at the Barn is that we age our beef on the premises for 8 weeks or longer. When you consider the work, the cost, the waste, is it really worthwhile to age beef for a long time? Most people and places say beef is aged when it is two weeks old. Like great wines that improve for 50 years, great beef gets sweeter, more tender and acquires a taste that cannot be duplicated except with proper aging.
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I ate here on our way through to Adelaide, and chose it due to the reviews and seeing nothing else we fancied in town.
Busy for a midweek dinner, my fillet mignon with mushroom sauce was well-cooked (medium rare) and tender. My partner's chicken was also good, however it was served with asparagus instead of broccolini as per the menu; a top restaurant should mention this when ordered.
A lengthy local wine list for which they have won awards. Although there wasn't much choice for a white drinker who doesn't like wines from SA or VIC.
Professional staff who thinned out as the night progressed.
Cosy ambience.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

As you might expect from the name, the steaks are fantastic and always perfectly cooked to order. I took my seafood eating vegetarian friend there and there was a lot to choose from for them as well. Excellent wine cellar to choose from. Save room for the famous orange sorbet served in an orange - delicious!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

It was the BEST and juiciest steak my husband and I have ever had. The dessert wasn't far off either. You must try the chocolate pudding with ice cream, it was to die for...you get what you pay for and that's quality, quantity and great service. We had a fabulous night and I highly recommend it to everyone. :))

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I'd heard plenty about the barn and went for dinner to celebrate recent achievements at work. We were a group of 7 and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The steaks were spectacular and we enjoyed selecting our wines from the extensive cellar. I look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Being a steak house it makes sense, but you really only have a choice of steak. There is one chicken dish, and I think a veggie dish but not much else. Having said that the steaks are excellent. The thing I didn't like is they charge a fair bit (but it is a good steak) and then charge $4.00 for a sauce (which didn't taste like a jus as described). Wine list is Huge. The desserts were disappointing, we waited 20 mins for a choc pudding and had to ask for the waitress to check on it. When we got it, it was burned! Good price for the kids menu and the steak was better than average for the kids which I like. Really busy so need to book and will need to be cashed up. It is a very mixed clientelle some people dress up some are in shorts and tees. the setting is leaning toward fine dining but is not formal.