“Great steak, fine country dining”
Review of The Barn

The Barn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We select the best export quality beef available in the country. Our preference is for beef that is finished on grass as this provides meat with maximum flavor, just as nature intended. What we do differently at the Barn is that we age our beef on the premises for 8 weeks or longer. When you consider the work, the cost, the waste, is it really worthwhile to age beef for a long time? Most people and places say beef is aged when it is two weeks old. Like great wines that improve for 50 years, great beef gets sweeter, more tender and acquires a taste that cannot be duplicated except with proper aging.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am a fussy eater and everything I asked for was met with "Yes, no problem." I was happy with the limited menu, like Gordon Ramsay says do a few dishes and do them right. I could not fault the food, the garlic bread was great, my steak was cooked just as I liked it and the desserts were awesome. Lovely staff and great food.

My only complaint is the tables are a little close together and some people just can't help loudly showing off in front of their friends, dismissing the comfort of other diners.

Would definately eat and stay at the Barn again.

1  Thank Star_Trekers2000

Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you enjoy a great steak, then this is the place for you. Fabulous food - definately worth a visit!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 night in a king suite. The room was fantastic, spacious, and extremely comfortable after a 3 week round trip of Victoria. The grounds surrounding the estate were landscaped like a Victorian country manor home.

We had dinner both nights in the restaurant and the food and service was fantastic. Would highly recommend the Barn to anyone looking for a boutique luxury stay or just for dinner, however we would recommend a combined stay with a good bottle of red!!!!

Thanks.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Overall the meal was ok.
Eye Fillet steak was slightly overcooked and the side "salad" was terrible mostly cabbage.
Panna cotta dessert was nice but the berries that it was served with overpowered the flavor.
Dessert wine was the saving grace !!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked based on the reviews for this restaurant and can confidently comment that the food, ambience and value for money was excellent. We were there during the busy Easter period but still obtained great service, steaks cooked to perfection and other dishes like starters, sides, as well as the drinks service to be fantastic. Do not miss if in Mt Gambier area. The place was jammed pack.Ask for chips if you dont like baked potato - we did and they were happy to oblige. Having strict dietary restrictions, we had to tailor the menu selection to our requirements and this was done.