“Lovely bday dinner for my husband”
Review of Lido - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“Lovely bday dinner for my husband”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Had a lovely meal at lido tonight with my family for my husbands birthday. Had a dips plate to share and 4 adults and 2 kids meals and couldn't find fault with any of them, lovely. Did not read reviews of the restaurant until today so was a bit concerned by what had been said previously but really pleased that we had a lovely experience. The staff even gave the kids Xmas m&ms when we left and all waved good bye.

“Worst meal ever”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

For possibly one of the best tourist locations in Adelaide this was the worst meal I think I have ever had. the waiting staff were friendly but that's as far as the positives go. Service was slow, inconsistent and the food was dreadful. I now know why we could get a table at fairly short notice.

Adelaide, Australia
“Disaster. Shocking dining experience.”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Group of us had dinner there last night. Correction , we experienced a night of horror.
Pasta dishes served cold, bland and on greasy dirty bowls. After 3 requests the meals never were fixed. Pizza with no toppings and the base cut out from a cardboard box. Even a meal to one of our group never was served , even after highlighting the oversight. LIDO management, if any exists , you should be embarrassed at the crap food you served up last night and take a lesson in customer service and customer complaint handling. Finally , abusing your customers and attempting to make out that Lido,s staff are the victim is pathetic. Your business only exists because of customers, so I can only suggest you attempt to improve this on your premises.

“Dont Bother.”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had dinner there last night with my family. I should have looked on the net at the reviews as it was a poor dining experience. The steaks were of a poor quality and when I told them this and that I was not going to pay for substandard meat we left on the plate they threatened me - a very poor dining experience. Overpriced for what we received. We went and had a yiros after this and the meat was much better. Read the other reviews and you can see they haven't lifted their standards.

Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

So wish we had read the reviews before going here for dinner, a waste of $$$. PWe strolled down the Marina Complex and decided to give the Lido a try, lovely location, but that was pretty much where it ended. A delightful waitress was prompt in taking our drinks and meal order. Luckily we ordered some bread, as our meal took ages to arrive. Alarm bells rang, as we saw another couple walk out and leave before their meal came, we should have done the same! I ordered mushroom risotto, which looked more like parsley risotto and had only "4" thin slices of button mushrooms and that was it for the mushrooms!! We noticed that other guests were waiting, waiting for their meals to arrive. Such a shame, as the location is beautiful, but run by incompetent management. The Chinese guy on the front desk, also wandered around the tables like a floor warden, didn't engage with any of the guests, but he was very prompt in taking our money, when we left. What experience do the Chefs have? Not once were we asked if we enjoyed the meal, perhaps they knew what our reply would be!! Lido please get your act together!!

• Visited November 2013