Tripadvisor
Glenelg

“Coffee and hot chocolate”
Review of Europa at the Bay

Europa at the Bay
Order Online
Ranked #9 of 174 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Not being a coffee drinker, I had a hazlenut hot chocolate it was ok (bit too sweet for my taste) but my friend had a short black which was on point.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (448)

Reviewed January 14, 2020

We popped in here for breakfast on our first morning in Glenelg and have been every day so far, including dinner the first day.
The coffee is amazing and we are fusssssy coffee drinkers.
They have a knack of doing simple dishes really well. I had a chicken cesar salad and could not believe how delicious it was. There is not much you can do right or wrong with a cesar salad, or so I thought, every aspect of it made my taste buds happy, its the best I've ever had, and I have them a lot. Good work.
My hubby was very happy with his pizza also. So far we have had eggs and bacon breakky, eggs benny, and the egg and bacon roll is a must. But let me say again.... The coffee is perfect. We will be back every day until we leave.
We have sat outside for all our meals so far because the weather has been perfect. We've never had trouble getting a table and never had to wait too long for food or drinks.
Good job!

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Lovely food but service was sub standard, waiters appeared stressed and disinterested with working the New Year’s Eve. Small requests seemed too difficult to deliver.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Phoned them on a Saturday night - peak season - 9.00pm. Their website & Google says ‘open until 10.30pm’ but they said that the kitchen was closed. Why do I bother ???

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

We came at the new year holiday for dinner (family of 6) it took the food 50 min’ to come including the starters, when it came it was lukewarm, not much taste of the pasta sauce, all the dishes needed more salt, the salad didn’t feel fresh, in conclusion, not good value for money.