“The service was good.”

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Business has closed down
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Did not have some of the
Menu or finger bowls . Service was prompt and reasonably priced .As a family outing would be a good place to dine .

There are newer reviews for Buffalo

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This is not a review of the food at this location, because we simply did stay there long enough, we found ourselves needing to leave due to the smell of mould and musty air. Sorry but we could not stay there!

1  Thank Shizane
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Took a walk from my hotel and ended up at the Buffolo Restaurant, at 5:30 pm before their 6pm open time. But the ?owner saw me looking at the menu and opened the door for me! I sat up on the top deck and watched the sunset with an Australian beer. Not a bad way to start my business trip to Australia! I'd definately visit this restaurant again! Wonderful friendly service, and great food and drink, and a fantastic view of the harbor and the western sky (but one of the condos does hide some of the western skyline).

1  Thank lyndajoMn
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The venue made for a fun evening. The venue is a replica oh HMS Buffalo, a sailing ship thta brought settlers to South Australia during the 19th century. There is plenty of history about the colonistaion of SA on the ship. Educational.

Food was standard Auusie restaurant fayre, steaks, schnitzels and fish. It was fine but not outstanding. It was the location that made it a memorable vening, not the food.

2  Thank RobMason
Reviewed June 20, 2010

The HMS Buffalo is an exact replica of the original ship that sailed to South Australia in 1836 which is now a restaurant that's been through various guises from fine dining to not so great to what I experienced on Saturday night.

It's a actually quite a nice place to eat, very unique and right on the water. The 'ship' is permanently docked and seems to be a pretty faithful reproduction.

The service on the boat was non existent, it's not that they didn't care, it's just that they seemed under staffed. There was no table service at all, you had to go to the bar for your drinks and you had to order at the front for your meals. Nobody actually told us that in the beginning, but hey..

The meals were VERY reasonably priced and the food, like I think everything was about $22, the portions generous and the food itself I'd class as pretty excellent.

So if you're there for the conversation with your friends and family and don't mind waiting on yourself and waiting a while for the food, I'd actually recommend this place. The steak I had was absolutely perfectly cooked and I think out of 22 of us, probably 20 had a meal that we were very happy with.

There is parking available out the front of the restaurant, and would be a really great place to go in summer when you can use the top deck to have a drink on in the warm evening

3  Thank Shimarlie