“Fred and the staff are excellent!”
Review of Esca

Esca
Ranked #13 of 170 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A true relaxing and upmarket atmosphere. Amazing service. I just pull up the boat, hop out for breakfast and enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

great breakfast reasonably priced and great service

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My partner and i arrived without a booking on a Wednesday night at 5:45 and were lucky enough to score a window seat. The temperature was a little cool in the Restaurant.
The waitress was lovely and very efficient, and not at all intrusive. We were hungry so we promptly ordered the antipasto tasting plate and the warm bread with olives. It was just divine! Beautifully presented and great tasting, the marinated fetta and the sweet balsamic vinegar were favourites as was the pickled octopus which I'd never had before! For entree we shared a delicious gnocchi w pork and veal in a bolognese style sauce which was just amazing, perfect for a cozy night in by the ocean. Lamb cutletts for my main and duck for my partner, the lamb was perfectly cooked but surprisingly lacking in flavor. The duck was very nice. Our courses were nicely spaced, nothing was too much trouble. We were seated a good distance from larger tables which was very considerate. We didn't order any wines, just still water and a couple of beers for my partner. Our total bill was $144 which we both thought was excellent. We would definitely return next time we are in the area.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I've had many casual business dinners here. Food is well prepared, good selection. Entrees are excellent and mains with nice sized but not too big portions. Prices competetive. Esca is open all day and is a nice place to stop for coffee in the afternoon. Sunset views in the evening.

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were a large group( 16 ) looking for a restaurant on the marina glenelg ,the weather was lousy my wife spotted Esca she poped her head in the door and asked if they could cope with all of us .they said they gould do it, well what an experience. The food was great the service was very good our waiter was Trish very professional. The kitchen staff were very good (not easy to serve so many meals virtually al at once).Everybody was very pleased.