“I agree "Absolute Disgrace"”
Review of The Dublin Hotel - CLOSED

The Dublin Hotel
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Carpets are soaked in alcohol and your feet get stuck to the floor. Tables are tacky and sticky they do not seem to get cleaned at all. The seats are all ripped and torn. They have removed all the best beer from the taps that they had, now it is a rubbish choice of beer on tap. The toilets are disgusting, taps are broken, buckets under the sinks, tiles cracked and broken and very smelly. Staff are rude and have no idea how to treat customers. Tried a cocktail but never had the ingredients to complete it. This is the most expensive place to purchase beverages $18 for 2 regular drinks. This used to be a great place to go, now it is an "Absolute disgrace" and staff should feel ashamed to work in these conditions.

1  Thank chris w
There are newer reviews for The Dublin Hotel

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very unhappy with the Dublin Hotel. My son won a voucher as part of his prize at the Beach Volleyball competition. The background is that the Dublin as part of the Jetty Rd Traders had sponsored the organisation running the volleyball and received thanks and recognition at every event as part of this sponsorship. A win/win you might say? That's what we thought until we tried to redeem said voucher (and yes it was within the time allocated AND we had a written copy of the Jetty Rd Traders we could use it at on hand for the staff to verify) and the staff said they were instructed the that hotel had changed hands and they don't honour them anymore. What kind of business accepts the extra trade and promotion from a summer sponsorship and then refuses to honour when the time comes for the payback??? The Dublin, apparently. I am spreading this story on every social media platform I can

2  Thank spoiledit
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great food, great staff and we had a lovely time on our valentines night ^.^ really friendly and helpful staff. Maybe fix up furniture a bit but thats it :)

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a bar meal. The food was really good value for money and enjoyable.

However, when I asked for a menu I was met with attitude extraordinaire!! This attitude was not from all the staff, just 1 of them behind the bar. I was told by her....."they are on the bar"..... Fair enough if she had been busy, but she was standing approx 3ft from them, doing nothing and could not be bothered even picking a menu up and offering it to me!!...... You are clearly not happy at work, so why don't you give someone else a chance that will provide service? We sat upstairs on Tuesday 22nd Jan from 7pm onwards!...... Note to manager, address your staff please!!

Also, if you can address the state of your toilets and clean your carpets as when walking across your floor our feet were physically sticking to them!!

1  Thank ALandOL
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent location for relaxing and people watching. Excellent fish and chips and the best priced meal I had in Australia. Wine list had something for everybody at reasonable prices. If you sat outside the whole experience is a delight but once you move inside the picture changes somewhat. The seating is torn and very shabby. The carpets are sticky and need a good clean. I would visit again but only on a nice day when I could eat 'al fresco'.