“Amazing Sunsets!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dublin Hotel - CLOSED

The Dublin Hotel
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing Sunsets!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Dublin Hotel is one of the best non-hotel bars on Jetty Rd to watch a beautiful Glenelg sunset. The bar offers a decent selection of beers and local wines and there is a $5 pizza promotion on Wednesdays.

• Visited December 2012

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“great feed”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

a real irish pub atmosphere with great food and service. authentic sticky pub floor and plenty to watch on the numerous tv screens

Visited November 2012
“The Manager could do with attending a customer service course!!!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

my family arrived in glenelg for my sons wedding on the 14th November, we all met up in the Dublin Hotel, there was 13 of us and we spent hundreds of dollars in here, we sat outside for a while and the manager was quite happy to take our money but then it became chilly so we decided to sit inside, we headed for one of the booths which would have been nice and cosy for us, only to be told that we couldnt sit in there as only a maximum of five people were aloud, we were bemused by this as it was a large booth and would have comfortably accommodated us, so a table was hastily put together by a young barman, who by the way was very pleasant, so the drinks were flowing and we were enjoying ourselves, and as we had not seen each other for quite sometime we were a bit excitable.....i went to the bar to order another round in and the manage very rudely told me to remind my party that this was a restaurant and not a pub!!!!! so he was happy to take the money and as soon as people were merry he wanted rid......he had a face like a wet weekend even though his takings must have gone up that evening......the barman and barmaid were very nice though and i just feel sorry for them as they have to work for the misery day in and day out.....he really should invest in himself as he has no customer service skills what so ever, i wonder do the pub owners know he ignorant he is!!! I refused to spend another penny in there. I cant comment on the food as we did not eat in there, but have to say it did smell good.

• Visited November 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Fine for a beer......but don't eat”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have enjoyed a few good sessions in this bar, and watched a number of major sporting events in a vibrant atmosphere.

The selection of beer and wine has always been varied and services has never found to be wanting.

As such, it has been so disappointing on the three occasions where we have eaten here, given the fun times we have had in the past. The steak was the standout meal and not for any good reasons. Very fatty, likely to have been freshly defrosted and absence of decent chips.

Drink here.......eat elsewhere

Visited October 2012
Cairns
“Meals were ok but RUDE manager”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I really wouldn't rave about the meals or service at The Dublin...
They weren't bad but they weren't excellent either.
I think the mood was set for me when after sitting waiting to order for 40minutes I went up to the bar to see if I could order my 3 year old grand daughter a pizza and was told very rudely to SIT down and wait by the manager. When I explained it was only for the little one he didn't care a bit..RUDE with no customer service...the other wait staff and bar tenders were lovely, what a shame this idiot works there.

• Visited September 2012