“Great location”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The only really great thing about this hotel is the location. It is right on the beach and Jetty Road for shopping and restaurants. The decor is really dated and in desperate need of renovation. It was clean though and sufficient for the purpose (daughter had school graduation downstairs)

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions, rooms are great and very close to everything you want to see. Easy tram ride t the city and on the beach.
But the main restraint food was very poor. Our evening meal came out cold and about 15 mins apart , will never it there again, But the room service meals were the best I have ever had well done to the room service chef and his staff. You made our stay.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

as part of a volunteer recognition event we were indulged with the platinum high tea, a mouthwatering assortment of savoury and sweet finger food I would easilyrecomment it for a group function maybe the hotelneeds a facelift

1  Thank judith m
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I took my mother and father for high tea. The service was excellent and the food was beautiful. The only change I would suggest is to use tea leaves instead of bags, it is called 'high tea.'

1  Thank hippynana
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Oh dear, words cannot describe this terrible and unforgettable experience. We paid $50 per head for high tea on Mothers Day for a group of 5 people. No sandwiches were served at all, a massive satay and some excuse for desserts...seriously a satay for high tea. No tea was offered or served until we had finished our meal and it came out in a thermos. Not even a tea pot, the only cups were coffee mugs plus we had to pay for coffee. We paid for 5 adults and only received 4 of everything on the tray so had to comprise on what we shared. My brother and I flew in from QLD and NSW as a surprise and I have never been more embarrassed. This was the worst experience, especially because I have been to high tea previously and know what to expect, this was cheap food served up in a hurry. If you look at the menu on the internet, nothing was served from it. Very very disappointing and will not be returning again.

2  Thank Washolovestotravel