“High Tea is a winner !”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

just finished High Tea for Aunt Helen's Birthday
the food served was lovely and my partner very much enjoyed his afternoon tea
I advised them I needed a Gluten Free diet a few days prior and OMG that was the most amazing plate of gluten free food I have ever had
at least 3 people seated near me told the wait staff they wanted the Gluten Free plate once they saw what I had, prawns, sandwiches, cherry tomatoes stuffed with soft cheese, macaroons, a choc cup with strawberry mouse, scones, a mini pavlova with fruit (inc the most beautiful fresh raspberry), hand made chocolates + more ...so much food I could not fit it all in, and every bit yummy
TOTALY AWESOME - so very impressed - cant recommend this more highly
(cup of tea could have been a tad hotter but with 32 people being served at our table it was ok) otherwise perfection :)

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel as i was visiting Australia for my son's wedding. Everything about this fabulous hotel was great from start to finish. Helpful friendly staff. Beautiful location and clean spacious rooms. Definitely a must stay again.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Very nice buffet, but can have more seafood and better salads and desserts. The service is very good and the drinks are well priced.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

was sucked in by the "magnificent burger" sign, very disappointing.

had lamb burger, Moroccan chicken pizza, chicken schnitzel. all were disappointing.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I received a voucher for high tea for two as a gift. When I decided to make the booking, I realized I had left it too late and the voucher actually expired that day. I e-mailed and explained, and the person who answered was lovely and said that they would still honour the voucher for a booking the following week. I appreciated that and found the service in that case to be excellent.

I arrived for my high tea picnic on a 44 degree day. I realize that the voucher was for a picnic outside, but you would think that anyone with common sense and the most miniscule amount of customer service would know that people do not want to be sitting outside when it's 44 degrees. We were given the option of sitting inside, which we gladly accepted but then we were told that it was an extra $15. Seriously?? If it was just a normal day and we just didn't feel like sitting outside, an extra charge would be semi-acceptable. But on a 44 degree day, I think it's irresponsible of the staff not to offer this option free of charge.

The food and drinks were fine, although nothing to rave about. We were told that the $15 was because if we were eating outside, we would be given everything to take there and then be left alone, but if we were inside we would be getting service...well, we were given one drink and the trays were brought out, but that's it.

The whole experience was marred by being forced to pay this extra charge on an extremely hot day. I think this place needs to rethink their customer service.

1  Thank Leaners83