“I would come back”

Ranked #47 of 175 Restaurants in Glenelg
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was a gereat night out for my friend and I to have a catch up meal. Staff were friendly and courteous. Meal was lovely and couldn't complain about anything. I would come back

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I booked Sammy's on the Marina for mothers day this year because my mother does not eat meat and I had heard great reviews from some friends.
Firsty, the place is in desperate need of a facelift, it offers absolutely no ambience, we were put at a table where we could see the water nicely but it was dark so we couldn't see anyway.
After being seated we received a very unprofessional waiter, who I could tell was trying hard but just not the kind of service you are hoping for at a place that receives such good reviews, the second waitress was so rude, I don't think she even made eye contact when serving, the same waitress who brought our food out also couldn't tell us the names of the meals she was serving, pretty poor really. The seafood itself is of high quality, but the food is very average, I've honestly had better put together meals at a cafe. The presentation of the food matched the interior, dated and daggy. Nothing exciting or eye catching. I ate my piece of fish which was good but didn't bother with the hopeless sides. For the four of us it ended up costing around $500 which just isn't passable for the kind of service and quality of dishes you recieve. I honestly feel like my money woud have been better spent at a quality fish and chip shop. Sorry Sammy's, this is a meal I was most looking forward too but I will not be back..

3  Thank estellef88
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We came with an entertainment book voucher, 25% off bill. The birthday boy had seafood chowder (a bit too salmony for his liking)and then the scampi and was a bit surprised by the texture, but enjoyed it. I ordered entree scallops (divine) and an entree moreton bay bugs (but served and charged as a main) They were pretty good. Our favourite wine, Rockford Alicante Bouquet at just under $9 glass wasnt bad. Stupidly asked for sparkling water which came in just under $8 oops.... We arrived early enough to catch the sunset and had a window seat pre arranged. Service was timely, Food not bad. Moved on to a different cafe for dessert and coffee. Glad we tried Sammys, and the entertainment book voucher saved us the price of a main course.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The only time in recent memory that I have not had to dig tough meat out of my tooths meat trap!
Just as I requested my steak.
Next time we shall order sea food!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very quiet. Nice setting on the water front.
Husband & I had the Deluxe Platter with crayfish. Absolutely delicious. Serving was good size for 2.
Couldn't complain about any of the food.
Staff were friendly, service was great, asked if we needed any more anything etc.
Would highly recommend for a lovely quiet romantic night out.

1  Thank tinytots5