“Very average and expensive”

Sammy's On The Marina
Reserve with
Sammy's On The Marina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 155 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mudgeeraba, Australia
“Very average and expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Walked in of the street. We had a seafood platter which was nice, but not the best I've tasted. I felt it was expensive for what you got. The Mediterranean salad was disgusting, obviously prepared many hours earlier, and very limp. When I complained about the salad, all we got was a "sorry"
Wouldn't go back.

4 Thank MarkC1954

Melbourne, Australia
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

seafood platter $160, very tasty. All the seafood can eat.,4 people sharing one big seafood platter. the sea view are very nice. What a relax place to have a lunch.

Visited January 2014
“A Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

In spite of the widely varying reviews for this restaurant we decided to have a Sunday lunch there to cross off a Bucket List item.
We arrived and were offered a choice of seating, then a prompt drinks order was taken. They arrived quickly.The food order followed at our convenience and the bread starter arrived in quick time.
The main courses took about 40 mins from order, not excessive but perhaps a little slow. The restaurant was filling up at that stage and one of the orders (pasta) was not main stream. The lobster thermidore was good and the Aussie platter exceptional. All servings were large and well presented.
The staff were polite, attentive and efficient. The owners/managers were obvious in their presence, walking around and checking on the proceedings.
I would come again if/when the occasion calls for a slightly expensive dining experience,

2 Thank Libton
Adelaide, Australia
“Threw up on the ride home”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Worse seafood experience ordered the Morton bay bugs for wife and I had the scampi we swapped meals as the bugs were mushy and wife didn't want to make a big deal as we were there for a birthday. Felt sick on the way home my wife has diarrhoea and I ended up throwing up on the way home.

I will never go back again.

3 Thank HeathGP
Adelaide, Australia
“Disappointing for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Given the prices I expect it to be pretty good. I had whiting, it was over cooked and fell apart, seemed to be either reheated or kept warm as part of the fish was dry and hard. The meal was small, and I'm not a big eater. Menu was also a let down as I didn't want anything with batter so the choices reduced. May suit some but not my thing.

3 Thank Rounsie