“Expensive fish and chips”

Sammy's On The Marina
Ranked #36 of 174 Restaurants in Glenelg
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Food was good but the reality is it is very expensive "fish and chips". I had beer battered King George Whiting with chips and a really small, very basic salad. This cost $36.90! The fish was nice and the portion size good but this is way too expensive. The prices are being charged for the location on the Marina. I will say the views are good during the day, especially on a nice, sunny day, but my family group was there on a winter's night when you couldn't see anything outside anyway because it is dark. We were located in a room by ourselves on the balcony, which didn't really have much atmosphere without the view. Service was excellent. Wines on the expensive side also but they do have a comprehensive choice.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

All the reviews I have written, have been very good ones up to now. Sadly that has now changed!
Sammy's on the marina at Glenelg is way over priced, small portions and overrated.
There are far better fish restaurants at the bay or on the pier come to that, cheaper and far better than Sammy's.
If you like soggy batter and paying way to much then this is for you. Don't bother with this place, you have been warned.

3  Thank chris w
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went Sammy's on the marina last monday with my family. the food was so great and service was too good. we orderd salmon, snapper and sammy's platter all seafood was perfectlly cooked and I would say we had best seafood so far.the food is bit high priced but overall if you compare with service and stunning view I guess it's an ideal place to visit.

2  Thank jay p
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This used to be really nice food. We took an interstate guest here to show off SA seafood but it was disappointing. Most of the meals you could have purchased in an average fish & chip shop for much, much less.
The venue is great, nice ocean views, great service but the food is overpriced to death!

1  Thank Wayne F
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have never written a review before but I feel compelled to tell everyone how perfect a night at Sammy's is. The seafood and wine list are the heros, but only if you can concentrate with the stunning ocean views stealing your attention. Great value as well!