“Very expensive. Food not that good.”

Top of the World Revolving Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“Very expensive. Food not that good.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Over priced menu. Fish was not the best had a lot better at Fish on the Mariner. Staff not that helpful and seemed to just go through the motions of servicing.

Visited December 2012

Adelaide
“Stunning View”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We did not eat at the restaurant so cannot comment on the quality of food,how ever we did have ONE drink each,I had a Martini and my husband Crown Lager...$25.00 MMmm...

Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“A generous three stars”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My average rating is generous, but I just couldn't justify a poor rating. The food was very average. Much what I would expect from a mid to low priced dinner or cafe. Unfortunately the prices were no where near mid to low. Other have complained about the service. We found the service pretty average. There were no standout problems but the rather average and mostly polite service did not in any way make up for the high prices and expectations of a better dining experience.

• Visited August 2013
“Views are great”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to the Top of the World. I could not say that the food matched the prices, but then you do get what you pay for. We had the Smaller seafood platter. The fish as cooked, but could have been cooked a little less. Not dry, but not really moist. The attitude from the staff was relaxed and made for a friendly, almost cozy environment. I had the brulee for desert, it was a little grainy, and slightly overset, and the caramel top a little thick. The views made the evening memorable, even with the bad weather. In fact the rain made the world look shiny. Overall I think that the prices reflect the top setting more than the top food, but I would go back there as it still was a good night

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank KevinHols
Canberra, Australia
“Oh dear !”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant is overpriced, under-serviced, and simply a blight on restaurants everywhere. A Sunday night special occasion dinner was ruined by what is at best a very average restaurant. The novelty value of a revolving platform does not offset how bad this restaurant is: after all the night landscape of downtown Glenelg is not a world beater. The problems: a wine list of such mediocrity that for a moment I thought I was in the local fish and chips shop. One wine in particular, a Chardonnay, had a mark up of 600 per cent. I know this because I buy it for an everday wine at home. $20 corkage in the circumstances was outrageous, but worth it because I went across the road to get some semi-decent wines. The menu, a plastic folder with typed inserts: stained and dirty. The food: $43 for a selection of seafood on a bed of tired and lacklustre salsa. The fondue: outrageous price for a bowl of chocolate, some strawberries and marshmallows. Service: so poor I ended up pouring our table's wine on a number of occasions.
I broke my golden rule on not reading reviews for this place before booking as I couldn't access the Internet for one reason or another. My mistake, but hopefully others will do so, to avoid wasting money.

• Visited July 2013