“Fantastic place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Adelaide
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This was the 2nd time my family & I have stayed at Seawall Apartments & we loved it. I'm very picky about cleanliness & I couldn't fault the apartment. This time we stayed in # 3 Olive Court which was just magnificent. The negatives are that there is no dishwasher, no pura tap & the magazine on the lounge room coffee table was SA Life dated May 2008. It's a pain in the neck to have to do the dishes when you're on holidays, & for the price that's charged, you should be able to relax & not have to wash dishes. We stayed for 4 nights over Easter & it was $369.00 per night so it would have been lovely to have a complimentary SA Life dated April 2012 lying on the coffee table. The shower was fantastic - great pressure. Beds, pillows & linen - luxurious. All in all though, it was so great that I would still rate this place 10/10. We loved it so much that we'll be back every Easter from now on, but next year I'll remember to take my own magazines & bring my own purified water :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank longrigg
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear longrigg, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us in 3 Olive Court.
10/10 is just what we love to hear! Thanks!!
We are starting to install dishwashers as we "re" renovate our kitchens. 3 so far this year!
Our head house keeper was quite embarrassed about the age of the magazine in your apartment! 2008 is a record! I have just purchased the new edition of the SA Life 2012 food and wine magazine for the rooms - its a lovely magazine - duly replaced!
We look forward to seeing you and your lovely family back again at Easter, and thanks again for your feedback, it really is very helpful
Kind regards,
Rachael Osborne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Perfect place to stay in walking distance from Jetty St and harbour area. Room was perfectly clean and bathroom brand new. Staff very helpful for places to go for breakfast etc.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Many thanks smithhome for taking the time to comment on your stay at Seawall Apartments. Its great to read that you found your apartment to be spotlessly clean, modern and comfortable. I'm glad you found our staff to be helpful and friendly and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards,
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed in seafront studio which looked out over the sea front of Glenelg. As it was a ground floor appt was worried about people looking in but discovered windows had mirrored glass so not so bad. Lovely spacious bedroom and bathroom all beautifully clean. We stayed for 5 nights and the room wasn't serviced once so if you want frequent servicing this isn't for you. Kitchen was small but we didn't really use it, I guess if you wanted to do real cooking it might have been a challenge but again didn't trouble us. Very close to Jetty road Glenelg, slightly longer walk to the nicer (in my opinion) Brighton Jetty road but walk along the beach was lovely. Reception staff were helpful and available. Plenty of parking and bench space outside to sit and watch the world go by with a cold beer or wine!
Free wi-fi which was great but no safe in room (found in all the hotels we stayed in?) .
Good all round accommodation not the best if you want to cook but great for location and positioning with a fun twist!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NettyRuss
Irvine, CA
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Conveniently located just a few minutes walk from the Jetty and town. Stayed in "the chapel" room which was nicely appointed, airy and cool (even without 2 the air con units which we expected to need given the weather). Everything required was provided and office staff were very helpful and friendly. Would certainly stay again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed March 24, 2012

First of all, sorry for the late review. Stayed here with my wife and my 2 year old son back then from September 29th for 3 nights. Was offered to stay at Quarter Deck.

I will list the positives first:
- excellent location,walking distance to Glenelg Jetty and the town itself. Easily accesible via tram services to Adelaide.
- contemporary apartment with a nice private deck which we will enjoy our breakfast every morning people watching :D
- lovely spa, but too bad the shower/bath were not separated.
- FREE wifi!! awesome!!
- the lady at the check in counter was very friendly and always eager to help. Finished my supply of beers on the first nite, was too lazy to go anywhere to purchase and thank god I bought some earlier form the counter, although selection was lmited and slightly more expensive
- love the views from our apartment

here are the few cons:
- the bed was too small for us!!
- loved the kitchen facilities but would be excellent if they could provide a little bit of cooking oil, a sponge and a washing liquid to do the dishes.
- slighly noisy from an adjacent room

overall, we enjoyed and loved our stay. Truly a special location and everything was so accessible. Parking for hired car was a no brainer and very secured.

Bought some excellent sausages from adelaide central market and enjoyed having it every morning at the private deck. Definitely would recommend.

And oh yea, we paid AUD$239/night for the apartment.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The first time I stayed at seawall was in the captains quarters. The bedroom spa, and bathrooms were fantastic.
The negatives were the DVD player in lounge, it was a wireless one and it was dreadful, the sound and picture quality was appalling, and u couldn't watch DVDs in the bedroom at all even though it said you could. The worst problem was the kitchen, it wasn't usable at all really. There was hardly any bench space and there was no drainage for the dishes next to the sink. I had to wash dishes and drain them on the bench. There was no oven and the hotplates built into the bench were not in a good spot. The frypan they supplied was not a non stick one and it had left over bits of food on it from a previous guest.. This room cost 379 a night and it wasn't serviced once and I was there 3 nights and I felt the room was way overpriced..
The second time I stayed was in the stern studio, it was around 165 a night. The room was nice the only issues were the spot it was in. The room got really stuffy and all the windows were where people constantly walked past. If you opened up the blinds you had no privacy at all. The kitchen also had a couple of flaws too, the frypan was dirty like in the other room and the hotplates were portable camping style ones. I'm not a fan of takeaway I prefer cooking however both rooms I stayed in made it a challenge for me..the stern studio wasn't serviced either.. I did enjoy my stay both times but I think they should either offer more things or drop their prices. : ) SS

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Chrissy6767
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay Chrissy6767.
We really do appreciate your feedback and actively use it to help us improve our service.
I am sorry your experience was less than fabulous and we would have loved the opportunity to rectify your problems during your stay.
Our house keepers were absolutely mortified to hear that your fry pan was not clean! Cleanliness perfection is the goal and they have taken this matter very seriously.
I do wish you had told us how important an oven was to you during your first stay, we have many different apartments with full size ovens and we would have endeavored to give you one of these had we known.
Our staff are always on hand to rectify ant issues and our housekeeping staff are always available, I am sorry if that was not made clear to you during your first stay.
I hope you will give us another opportunity. Please contact us directly and we can make sure we find the perfect apartment for you,
Kind regards and thanks,
London
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This place is a dream for anyone in Gleleng on holiday or business.,..My review from last year could be repeated here. Clean rooms (I stayed in a quiet Olive Mews), massive jacuzzi - all 3 steps away from the beach. Wake up early and walk barefoot to the beach and then towards Brighton to admire sunrise - very memorable. I loved this place - look no further when in Glenelg! Free WiFi internet is a bonus,

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenelg
Stamford Grand Adelaide
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury
Mayfair Hotel
Mayfair Hotel
#1 of 57 in Adelaide

Been to Seawall Apartments? Share your experiences!