“Bad”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Lido Ristorante
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I won't be going back, the food was terrible! We ordered a supreme pizza to share vas it had olives with no taste...and was extremely salty. We had garlic bread which was very average and only marginally garlic like and we ordered a Greek salad which had tasteless fetta and shredded shallots?? It wasn't a Greek salad, it was more like a wired Asian salad with a Greek twist and it wasnt nice.

The waitress while lovely could barely speak English and when ordering we asked for minimal anchovies, but instead got extra.

I also asked for a glass of wine but I could only have 1 variety ... And it wasn't my choice it was just what ever bottle was open!?

Anyway won't be going back and don't recommend others waste their time or money

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Wednesday evening and had booked some days before as we were taking a visitor from the UK and requested a table with a view. As it was an extremely hot night we opted for a table in the air conditioning. After we were seated and given our menus we were left totally alone for 1/2 hour and had to go to the counter to ask for some service, 10 minutes later a waitress came and asked us what our problem was!!!!. We replied we just wanted a drink and some one to take our order. As there were only 4 other tables occupied this was quite bizarre as there was sufficient staff on duty. The time between courses and the food was OK but the initial treatment set a really bad tone for the whole evening. If we were not entertaining a visitor I would have left 3/4 of an hour into the evening. We expect so much more from restaurants in Glenelg given that it is supposed to be our tourist hub. Carolyn

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant quite a few times a few years ago, so expected the same type of great service. I was disappointed. The waitresses didn't seem entirely sure of what they were doing, my Linguini Marinara was bland and tasteless to the point that I didn't finish the meal, we ended up getting sick of waiting for a waitress to come by to ask for the check so ended up going up to the counter to pay where I had to explain to the guy how to charge my own card. (To put the chip in rather than swiping it). That was the final straw for me, will not be going back or recommending this establishment to others.