Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$105
$96
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Stamford Grand Adelaide(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$100
$140
$114
Priceline
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

Comfort Inn Anzac Highway(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$76
$72
TripAdvisor
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
Glenelg Motel(Glenelg)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewsjetty roadgreat locationone bedroom apartmentnice apartmentcoles supermarketserviced dailylarge balconyper nightwashing machineadelaide hillscar parkinganzac highwayheated poolcooking utensilscheck in was easyreception staffeasy walk
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We would not recommend anyone go to these apartments, the service we received was ridiculously terrible.

We had booked a one bedroom apartment with study & sofa bed. Upon checking in we were told by the receptionist that they had no record of our booking, and that this problem had already happened three times that day. So after a tedious wait for the receptionist to get our details again to check us in (no apology too by the way!) he lets us know that good thing we were a couple because their were no rooms with sofa beds left.

Once we had finally checked in, and gotten to our room it was apparent that there was no study in our apartment. I phoned reception to let them know that I cannot see any study area or desk, telling him I can only see a dining table and coffee table he said he would come up to our room to check because their should be a desk in a corner or against a wall. When he did come up, he pointed to the dining table and said that was the study - and when I said no, thats the dining table he replied that is the study, other apartments do not have dining tables. I found that very hard to believe, considering these are apartments intended for extended stays with kitchen and laundry facilities you would think they would have a dining table! I was clearly unhappy as I booked an apartment with a study for a reason, not to get a dining table in front of the TV so he said he would go find us another room for us to switch to. We waited to hear from him, not unpacking because we were expecting to move - and unbelievably enough, we never heard from him again. When we went down to reception, they had closed - this man had promised to find us another room, to meet the expectations of the one that we had booked (& paid extra for!) and failed to even us to let us know that he was not going to get another room for us.

Extremely unacceptable behaviour, we felt frustrated and deceived, and worse of all we had stayed in our room waiting to hear from him so we had wasted what was meant to be an enjoyable stay.

One last note - when we checked out and I mentioned this to a different receptionist she said that I would be contacted by the manager - once again, I have heard nothing.

The level of service is so poor at the Oaks Liberty Towers, they do not care about their customers. I have never met a receptionist so rude and deceptive, do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travellingVM_10
Reviewed September 24, 2010

This hotels bathrooms are appalling, the mould covering the tiles in the showers & around the sink plug holes is disgusting, the sink drain was also blocked, in desperate need of a good dose of shower power & draino! The beds are low grade & the sofa bed needs throwing out. The plus was the room was quite large & the view nice although there was a lot of street noise particularly during the night & you hear every plane take off from the airport. The "gym" consisted of 1 walking machine, 1 exercise bike. the pool looked nice but was extremely cold brrrrrrrrrrrr..Disappointed with this Oaks as we have stayed with the hotel chain before & they have been fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I was so disappointed in my stay, and usually I'm not really fussy with my accomodation, but this time I was almost angry. I have stayed in some pretty average accomodation in my time, which I can usually deal with, and I don't mind because it is what it is, and you know what you are getting beforehand. What frustrated me so much about this establishment was that it COULD be OK, if the place was managed properly, which it clearly is not. It SHOULD be an OK place to stay, but it does not live up to its promise or its star rating. If it continues to be mismanaged, it will be an absolute dump in a couple of years. It was just a case of many small disappointments and frustrations runining my stay, and the property does not deserve its 4+ star rating until they get the little things right. The lady behind the front desk was NOT friendly, I didn't feel welcome at all. My arrival had interrupted her dinner and she was going through the motions as quickly as possible. Not a great start. For a property as young as this one, it is amazing how run down it feels when you enter. There was no hairdryer. The bathroom was dirty with plenty of mould and poor shower water pressure. The telephone wasn't plugged in to the phone line, but was just sitting on the bedside table. Once I finally found the the cord and the wall socket and plugged it in, there was something loose in the handset making a rattling noise. There was no plug for the bathtub. And I searched EVERYWHERE. The two plugs I did find (kitchen and laundary) were a different size. It was obvious the tea and coffee supplies hadnt been filled up properly from the previous guests, there were only 2 coffee sachets. There was the usual broadband cable fixture with instruction booklet as you see in many hotels, saying 'simply plug the cable into your laptop to begin' which I did- only problem being the other end of the cord didn't go anywhere, it was simply coiled up and sitting on the desk. After some searching I finally found the wall socket for broadband and plugged the other end of the cable into the wall - only there is no furniture on that side of the room so I had to use my laptop on the floor. The steam room was out of order. Old, small CRT TV. On checkout, the receptionist was friendlier than the one on checkin, but knew I was parked underground, and decided not to mention that I would need swipecard access or assistance to get out of the park, leaving me stranded in the parking lot when exiting. Pre organised 11am checkout, but housekeeping started hassling at 10:15.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Hellomunya
Reviewed June 20, 2010

The Good, appartment, and by that, I mean, the shell of which 'could' be a really nice room, if they spent a couple of grand.

The Bad.
1.. Two bed appartment, decent size, but just one small, outrageously uncomfortable broken sofa bed to sit on. I.e Dispite having the room for say 1 x3 seater plus 1x 2 seater (easily) we could not relax whilst in the appartment.
2. That sofa bed in point 1? It was bent like a banana, it looked like it had been used in marathon swingers night. Physically busted, but they still made it up hoping we wouldn't notice that the bed looked more like a modern art installation than a bed.
3. Cooking? Yep, you can, so long as you can cook EVERYTHING in one single 8 inch frypan.
4. Dirty - Not filthy, just dirty. Tiles in the bathroom and walls in general are just grubby, not what you expect given the age of the place.
5. Loads of small stuff that just makes you think they don't care. I.e Bulbs broken in the bedrooms (both)
6. They have foxtel, but it's not even the most basic of basic packages, so it's totally useless.
7. No soul. No pictures, no nice warm touches. It's a table, chairs, a desk, old fat crt tv, one crappy broken couch with stark lights. Very hard to relax.
8. Poor servicing of the room. 1/3 of a roll of toilet paper for 3 day stay, Not one tablet for the dishwasher, combo washer/dryer. (not suitable for family)
9. We arrived to the pool, to find a huge yellow sign and what looked like construction tape cordoning off the whole area with 'Not in Service' sign, which looked permanent preventing us from using facilities. Find out on checkout that this was just temporary due to them adding pool chemicals. My suggestion that perhaps they could put a sign that said "out of action until x time due to pool maintainence' might have been better, was met with glazed eyes and indifferent service.
10. Indifferent lazy service.
11. Balcony has planter pots with no plants just bare dirt. If you're not going to have plants - just remove them.
12. Poorly Cleaned.

Some of these things are small for sure, but collectively, they just don't make for a happy relaxed stay, the room is just not set up for that. It's uncomfortable and the staff and totally indifferent. There are lots of good places in Glenelg, this is not one of them.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Shimarlie
Reviewed April 25, 2010

After booking a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment with a city view through Needitnow a week before our stay, but then reading reviews here afterwards, I was dreading our stay. However, we were pleasantly surprised upon arrival to find we had a gorgeous and very spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment overlooking Colley Reserve/with some sea views.

We were a little disappointed that the main bedroom with a door to the balcony only had a double bed (hubby and I are tall) so we swapped with our teenage daughter and stayed in the second bedroom which had joined king singles. Since the second bedroom has no windows it can get a little stuffy if you don't have the airconditioning on. Our teenage son slept on one of the sofas since there was not a bed for him and he wasn't about to share a double with his sister. One of the sofas is a sofa bed but he was happy to just lay on the sofa itself rather than pull the bed out.

With two sofas in the lounge there was plenty of room for 4 or even 6 six people to sit. There was a television with Foxtel (basic) and a DVD player. There was desk which had a small stereo and a cable to connect your laptop to the internet (fee involved). The kitchen was well equipped with a dishwasher, microwave, oven and a smallish fridge. The small dining table has 4 chairs but there is an extra chair at the desk. There is plenty of wardrobe space in the 2 bedrooms. The main bathroom was huge with a very large shower cubicle and bath. The second bathroom was also a decent size. Both bathrooms had excellent water pressure and both had hairdryers. The laundry had a sink, washer and dryer.

We only stayed 2 nights but daily housekeeping came in after our first night and made the beds (or should I say re-made because I had already made them myself), replaced shampoos, soaps, dishcloth, dishwasher powder, tea towel, emptied bins, unpacked dishwasher .... which I did not expect.

Parking was $15.00 a night but we were willing to overlook that since we got a great deal through Needitnow. Upon arriving we were dealt with by a friendly and efficient member of staff .... but her co-worker was the opposite and reminded me of a robot.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay in Room 515 (5th Floor).

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family