All reviews jetty road great location vertical blinds one bedroom apartment coles supermarket nice apartment serviced daily washing machine large balcony car parking per night full size fridge adelaide hills check in was easy reception staff easy walk across the road
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I had pre-paid for my accommodation at the Liberty Towers and then read reviews and heard from a friend about his unpleasant stay in an apartment; but my experience was a good one.

The room, carpets and outdoor furniture were clean, all the kitchen utensils were there. The bed and pillows were crisp, white and comfortable.

I was in an apartment with a pleasant outlook to the Adelaide Hills and it was quiet.

As I was arriving after 11pm I was concerned about the quality of the housekeeping I may come across late at night and then not be able to do anything about it, so I rang the Oaks Group, before departure, to discuss my concerns and they were pleasant and responsive and I was impressed with the housekeeping when I arrived.

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank modus_luxe
Reviewed October 18, 2008

First impressions - VERY VERY disappointing. Walked in to a kitchen that had an unbelievable stench from a filthy dish washer which took 2 days of complaining to get fixed to some degree! The windows that were supposed to give a beach view, were absolutely filthy and there was no way you would sit on the balcony furniture. This was cleaned to some degree after complaints, that should not have been necessary, were made. The view was VERY little beach, what could be seen was obscured by huge pine trees along the entire road. We were told pool towels were supplied - they aren't! The walls were patched but not painted. There was semi comfortable couch seating for 2 - there were 4 of us in a 2 bedroom apartment. This was extremely disappointing. We were promised daily room service if booking direct with the venue - we DID NOT get that at all. Unless you spoke to management where they tried to fob you off a little more politely, the staff were very unhelpful - cleaners were pathetic. The pillow on my bed was that lumpy and bumpy virtually no sleep was had the firsat night. 2 TV's but only 1 remote! Make sure you ask about carparking fees otherwise these may be sprung on you. PLEASE ask heaps of questions if you intend to consider staying here. NO WAY 4 1/2 star. Watch your credit card statement - we were overcharged well over $200. They did refund this but would not have if I did not notice the error. They promised a good deal (what ever that means) for us next time - would you return??? Lots of permanent residents. Noisy on the weekend nights. We had looked forward to this holiday for some time and were very disappointed.

The plus's include clean pool area, bath, close to Glenelg central and beach areas and plenty roomy enough apartment.

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Chelleid
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Stayed in a 1 Bedroom Apartment, it was clean, well set out and great features. The pool area was very clean. Stayed there for 2 nights. Couldn't be happier with the employees. Very happy to help and very polite. We would differently go again and recommended to friends and family.

Date of stay: May 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dsmorton18
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We returned to the Oaks Liberty Towers for a second time. Stayed her in March 2007 @ $145 per night, this time around exactly same room $300 per night.
March 2007 room spotless, staff obliging and helpful. Staff very courteous and stored baggage for the day.
Feb 2008 room dirty, worse was toilet brush with no holder discarded in the corner of the bathroom, hair on the floor, stains in toilet bowl and shower, Toilet roll holder was broken. Lounge area just dusty. DVD play not working, lamps did not work in lounge. Balcony was dirty with dead plants.
On check in staff were friendly but room not available at check in time, had to return in 3 hrs, on check out Sunday 24th Feb 2008 female staff member (approx 10am) was impatient and abrupt. I was informed in no uncertain terms that they DID not store luggage despite my calmly explaining that it HAD been stored the year before! The female was defensive and abrupt and I wondered if she would throw my luggage out the door whilst I was gone.
I mentioned the toilet brush and lack of cleanliness and was met with disinterest.
Sadly for Oaks Liberty they do not care much for customer service or cleanliness any longer and unfortunately we will NOT be returning.

Ps they even misspelt our name on their invoice and our suburb listed as NSW when we live in another state altogether. Another point does anyone here listen to the customer!

Date of stay: February 2008
5  Thank carltonsmith
Reviewed March 13, 2008

Would not recommend this accomodation - the carpets, walls and balcony were filthy. We were NOT told that there was a charge for parking when we booked even though we had enquired if there was parking available. The staff were uncooperative and quite rude.
Reasonable location but very nosy with the traffic. Maybe other rooms are better - ours was 212 in the centre tower.

Date of stay: March 2008