“really bad mexican”

Salsa's Fresh Mex Grill
Ranked #58 of 160 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“really bad mexican”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I didn't think it was possible but I have been proved wrong. How can Mexican be stuffed up. It must be the easiest thing in the world to cook and make tasty. Atleast to a certain level. Amazingly bad for such a simple combination. Friendly staff and quick service

Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
Adelaide, Australia
“Best Mexican optionin Glenelg”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Ok, so best Mexican in Glenelg isn't a huge accolade - but this place doesn't deserve the bad reviews. Come on people - it's Mexican McDonalds - cheap, easy fast food. No, it's not the best or most authentic Mexican in SA (head to Lucky Lupitas for that), but I'd much rather pay $10 here for a quick burrito than go to the other 2 Mexican 'restaurants' in Glenelg for over-priced rubbish that I could make far better at home.

Salsa's isn't really a restaurant - it's a fast food joint with some tables to eat in. For fast food, it's pretty tasty and I'd much rather eat here than McDonalds or indeed any of the other fast food choices in the area. Good value, tasty and pleasant service - though the staff did push the loyalty card a little too hard. Will def go here again when I want a quick, tasty burrito.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank WiningPom
“Rude and Inconsiderate”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I ordered Holy Guacamole Nachos for a quick lunch and asked for a glass of tap water, whereupon I was told by the service staff that he was not allowed to give me tap water unless I ordered alcohol so I must buy a drink! When I disputed this he claimed it was a law! Clearly an internal law created by a business that does not want customers. I didn't bother with the nachos clearly they don't want my business!!! NEVER TRYING SALSA'S ANYWHERE as a result of this experience.

• Visited May 2012
Darwin, Australia
“You may think it affordable BUT at what price!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had the misfortune to choose this place among all the other eateries on Jetty Road Glenelg. Do yourself and your wallet a favor and go somewhere else. Don’t waste your money.
The worst food I have had in years…….I am not kidding. I love Mexican food and have always believed it was near impossible to stuff it up but I was wrong.
I get that this is supposed to be a kind of up market fast food eating experience BUT…… mucho fresh – mucho flavor – absolutely NOT!
We both ordered Chicken Fajita – Grilled chicken, onion & capsicum, coriander & lime rise, ranch sauce and Salsa Fresca.
We sent them back twice, on the third attempt we simply left the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Flemington, New Jersey
“Good for an affordable, casual beal”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Salsa's Freash Mex Grill offers affordable Tex-Mex food in trendy Glenelg's Jetty Road. The burritos were quite good and the beer and sangria were nice and cold. Salsa's also offers affordable kid's meals. Expect it to be a bit noisy when busy, but noisy in a "lots of happy people having fun" way.

• Visited March 2013