“Great food, a little rushed”

Capriccio Restaurant
Reserve with
Capriccio Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 162 Restaurants in Glenelg
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You can't miss the Italian flavour when you enter Capriccio's at Glenelg. Carnival masks, murals and paintings give you the feel of Italy and its landscapes.Operatic arias fill your ears and the texture and warmth of the indoor brick of the dining room creates a homely feel. The authentic Italian menu showcases the best of every part of Italy and it is not hard to know why Capriccio's has been at the Bay for over 30 years.Why not have your special family gathering or functions at Capriccio's. Just send us an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
“Great food, a little rushed”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Amazing Italian food (crab and prawn linguine), very fresh and letting the ingredients shine. Expensive and we were a little rushed - there for out anniversary dinner and wanted to make an evening of it.

Brisbane, Australia
“Food and Prices Let it Down!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

First time to Glenelg and first night's meal. We found Capriccio tucked just off the main Restaurant strip and we thought a good find after rejecting several options because of noise and lack of relaxed ambience!
Capriccio has great atmosphere , nicely decorated and a place where you can actually talk to and hear your dinner companion.The service was pleasant and quick but that is where it ended.
My Ravioli Marinara was missing one main ingredient.....the Marinara!!!! I would have expected that this would be a dish served in a bowl but this came on a plate with one lone prawn mounted on top searching for other seafood to accompany it.My wife's Veal and Salad was particularly greasy.
The meal including a very average wine would have been expensive had it been good quality but it wasn't!!!

• Visited October 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Nice atmosphere, food ok, but expensive”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Found this place tucked away in a side street and thought we'd give it a try. I ordered steak medium to well done which wasn't specific enough, and they asked again how I'd like it, and it ended up coming back a bit dry and over cooked. Not what you want for a $40 steak! The sauce it came with was delicious. My husband chose the goat which he enjoyed. The atmosphere was lovely and the staff were friendly, but if I was going to spend $120 for a meal for 2, it wouldn't be here next time.

Visited September 2013
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Look elsewhere”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I met a group of friends as this restaurant and unfortunately was disappointed with all aspects of the restaurant; the food, service, and the price. The food was below average, and when you're paying nearly $30 for a bowl of pasta, you should get better. I had the spaghetti marinara and get 2 mussels, 1 prawn, and some very chewy squid. Between us we had 2 serves of garlic bread, a main of pasta each, a bottle of wine to share, and some coffee's and it was $240! The service from the staff also left a lot to be desired, only 2 waiters were rostered on for the evening. The staff we had on the night were very quiet, uninterested, and not friendly. We eat out often, but won't be trying this restaurant again.

• Visited August 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Divine”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We found this little restaurant tucked away on a side street. Having a look at the menu outside, it looked good and we were welcomed inside to a very pleasant atmosphere. The service was excellent but the food - one mouthful and I was hooked! Absolutely the best Italian I have had for many years. If I was lucky enough to live in Adelaide, I would eat here all the time. Even the bathrooms were spotless! Will definitely go back next time we are in Adelaide

Visited June 2013