“Poor”

Fish Glenelg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Went there early and got a table straight away which was good, got served straight away which was also good, then the food arrived and that's where it stopped being good.

I don't know how else to say it but the food was terrible. Really really bad. I had the special which was soft shell crab with a garlic aioli. The garlic aioli tasted like the liquid at the bottom of a garbage bin...
My friend had the whiting which tasted off and as a result she felt sick for days afterwards.

Don't waste your money!

2  Thank Ryan V

Reviewed March 9, 2014

To summarise the experience.
Waited 30 mins just for a menu
Waited another 30 mins just to take our order
Waited 1 hour for the first food to arrive
Ordered the KING prawns, deeply dissaponted with the tiny "prawns" . Clearly misleading menu description . Waiters were very rude when I tried to complain about the prawns. Just shrooook me off and even had the nerve to ask what I expected in a eye rolling manner. First and clearly the last time I will ever visit. I can clearly see others won't fail to experience the sAme .

2  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Friday night and we thought we'd book into Fish with a group of friends for dinner.
We arrived on time but after a 40minute wait and still no one taking an order for drinks we approached the waiter. Big mistake.... Instead of explaining on arrival staff issues he brought it up then, whilst getting extremely angry and very rude, and yet he still wasn't going to take our drink order!!!!!! Needless to say our table of 8 walked out....
I should of realized in the afternoon when I went to check our booking what a disaster it was going to be, he wasn't too pleasant then!

4  Thank VMFox
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Fish is totally overpriced for the food it offers, which is really mediocrely, badly seasoned and not particularly fresh. Service was hit and miss but it it is the food that let's the place down. Will not go back

3  Thank jmt12london
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Okay, Friday night and we thought we would give it a try. Wish w had read the reviews. We only went there because the Oyster Bar was full. A dozen oysters to share amongst 3 as a starter... I kinda suspect the freshness and am expecting to see them again.

A half pot of mussels each to follow for two of us and soft shell crab for the third. I think they list the salt cellar in the broth as both sets of mussels were so so salty - even though one was tomato/chilli/basil and the other shallot and mustard. The soft shell crab was "average".

Honestly, it was only that the staff were okay that stops this being rated 1... Avoid .

4  Thank whizzyuk