“Worst restaurant ever!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Fish Glenelg
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Worst restaurant ever!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

To summarise the experience.
Waited 30 mins just for a menu
Waited another 30 mins just to take our order
Waited 1 hour for the first food to arrive
Ordered the KING prawns, deeply dissaponted with the tiny "prawns" . Clearly misleading menu description . Waiters were very rude when I tried to complain about the prawns. Just shrooook me off and even had the nerve to ask what I expected in a eye rolling manner. First and clearly the last time I will ever visit. I can clearly see others won't fail to experience the sAme .

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Christopher S

Hahndorf, Australia
“AVOID”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Friday night and we thought we'd book into Fish with a group of friends for dinner.
We arrived on time but after a 40minute wait and still no one taking an order for drinks we approached the waiter. Big mistake.... Instead of explaining on arrival staff issues he brought it up then, whilst getting extremely angry and very rude, and yet he still wasn't going to take our drink order!!!!!! Needless to say our table of 8 walked out....
I should of realized in the afternoon when I went to check our booking what a disaster it was going to be, he wasn't too pleasant then!

4 Thank VMFox
London
“Mediocre”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Fish is totally overpriced for the food it offers, which is really mediocrely, badly seasoned and not particularly fresh. Service was hit and miss but it it is the food that let's the place down. Will not go back

Visited January 2014
3 Thank jmt12london
London, United Kingdom
“Not worth visiting”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Okay, Friday night and we thought we would give it a try. Wish w had read the reviews. We only went there because the Oyster Bar was full. A dozen oysters to share amongst 3 as a starter... I kinda suspect the freshness and am expecting to see them again.

A half pot of mussels each to follow for two of us and soft shell crab for the third. I think they list the salt cellar in the broth as both sets of mussels were so so salty - even though one was tomato/chilli/basil and the other shallot and mustard. The soft shell crab was "average".

Honestly, it was only that the staff were okay that stops this being rated 1... Avoid .

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank whizzyuk
Hong Kong, China
“Be Prepared to be Starved”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The waiters and waitresses were friendly but I guess they had to be given that the amount of time the chefs took to prepare our 1/2 pot mussels and a dozen scallops makes you begin to speculate that they are actually cooking them one-by-one. Seriously, a whole hour for a dozen scallops and some mussels; and don't get me started on the dozen fresh oysters either. FRESH OYSTERS = UNCOOKED!! It took them an hour to even get that to our table. If that was not bad enough, it gave my husband the runs when we got home, that's how fresh it was... I guess the chefs had to "resurrect" those damn dead oysters before they brought it to our table. Was the food good? Well anything would taste good when you have been starved for an hour! Had I tasted better seafood that did not require more than 20 minutes to prepapre, YOU BET!

• Visited December 2013