“Best Experience”

Ranked #63 of 175 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Plank Kitchen is located at the Comfort Inn Haven Marina. The bright and airy cafe opens out onto the deck over looking the Patawalonga River and Holdfast Shores Marina. Quality Modern Australian Style Cuisine, Plank is fully licensed with an extensive wine list including South Australian wines. Offering personalised friendly service we ensure a memorable dining experience. Plank is open 7 days for A la Carte lunch and dinner. A la Carte and Continental Buffet Breakfast, and Weekend brunch, We have coffee, cakes and drinks available all day, visitors welcome and don't forget our patio is pet friendly!
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Before leaving for home to Perth, dad and I had lunch at Plank Kitchen and Bar, I had the Fish and Chips and Dad had the soup. The food was amazing and so was the service. I really love the way the restaurant has been set up, modern and spacious with great views. Keep up the good work. I will definitely be back.

2  Thank Kristielee12

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Staff were helpful and friendly. The menu needs a bit more variety.
The food was average but it's a good place to catch up with friends for a drink after work.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the Kangaroo and steak. Meals were very tasty besides the spinach which felt like it had sand in it. The dinning room was a bit loud due to the fans maybe. Would recommend to sit outside. The service was great.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Plank is part of the Comfort Inn and we had breakfast there because we had pre-paid for it. The Hot Breakfast was more expensive than the equivalent at the airport and it wasn`t worth it. The `crispy`bacon was barely cooked, limp and fatty, the eggs were runny. The mushrooms were good and the caramelised tomatoes very tasty. The toaster was like the one I used in a British resort in 1958 which burned one edge of the bread but left the other unscathed. We looked at the dinner menu but several other diners advised us the food was not very good - so we ate elsewhere. My advice, don`t prepay breakfast and eat elsewhere.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Called in for breakfast with the family. Not to much there for kids our ten year old had a choice of either the continental breakfast $20 or the hot buffet for $25. 12yr old had the big breakfast $19 and the adults veg' s breakfast $16. I felt coming from Melbourne this was over priced and the service was average but the location and feel of the restaurant was fantastic.

I wasn't expecting to go out for breakfast and it costing me $85.

1  Thank Heath B