Comfort Inn Haven Marina
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$82
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$120
$96
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Stamford Grand Adelaide(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$132
$100
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Seawall Apartments(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
Hotels.com
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$82
$69
Agoda.com
Comfort Inn Anzac Highway(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$79
$75
$83
$83
Agoda.com
All reviewsjetty roadworking orderwifi is freebeds were comfortableclose to the airportfew minutes walkclose to shopsqueen bedone night stayhotel roomcafes and restaurantswould stay againtramreceptionisthairdryerfunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I needed a place to stay for one night before taking an early flight out of Adelaide. I wanted to be near the beach so that I could enjoy the fabulous sunset with a glass of South Australian wine. The Comfort Inn was available, reasonably priced, and right near the beach.

The front desk clerk (Canadian guy) was efficient, friendly, and helpful (he gave me chocolate from his private stash). The rooms were simple, but adequate. TV, A/C worked well; free wireless in the hotel restaurant and reasonable rates for internet in the room. The bed was just OK. Not concrete as another reviewer suggested, but not what I would buy for my own beach house.

My one complaint was that the alarm clock in the room was completely wrong and because of the crazy time zone in Adelaide (1/2 hour behind Sydney) I didn't catch it. I ended up at the airport at 4:30 am instead of 6:00. Ah, to have that extra hour and a half of lost sleep back! Lesson to travelers--check the accuracy of the alarm clock before going to bed if you are depending on it to get you up at a specific time.

But, the beautiful sunset with a glass of wine in hand (and a great steak dinner afterwards) just 5 minutes from my simple and relatively cheap hotel made up for any issues I may have had.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We spent the last night of a two week trip to South Australia at this hotel. We selected the Comfort Inn Haven Marina because of its proximity to the airport, its free parking and inexpensive rate (A $135).

We had a bit of trouble locating the hotel, but otherwise we had no issues. I suspected it might be noisy, as it fronts a busy road, so I'd requested a quiet room in the back when I booked, which they honored; giving us a room on the second floor in the very back of the hotel.

We found the room perfectly adequate and quite comfortable. We liked the shower (particularly the water presure). The rooms have exterior doors facing the parking lot, a feature I don't generally like, but it wasn't a problem. The bathroom was large with a huge vanity in the oddest shade of green I'd ever seen, but I appreciated the space.

We dined in the hotel's Quatro Restaurant which we found good value, especially with the free drink coupons we'd been given at check in. The food was nothing special, but it worked for a quick dinner before bed.

This isn't a place I'd choose for an extended stay, but it worked well for a one night stay prior to an early morning flight.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melnq8
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I stayed 2 nights in one of the end rooms. The room was clean and tiday and its proximity to Jetty Road was great. The only thing that was a deal breaker for me was the incredibly uncomfortable bedding in my room. I know some beds are too soft/too firm. This bed waslike sleeping on concrete. I am not sure if beds were also replaced in recent refurbishments but maybe this could be looked at as well. Just some constructive feedback.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We stayed at the Haven Marina for 2 weeks in Feb this year.This is a excellent hotel for the money, we didnt have one single problem, the rooms were spacious everything we required was provided in the room for our convienience, the guest laundry was most welcome and was very cheap to use. The house keeping was done every day and the food served in the cafe was very good.

You could not pick a better spot than Glenelg this is a beautiful area and we were a short walk to the restaurants and bars and the marina was right across road and a childrens playarea was nearby.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We booked the Haven Marina to run a course as well as accommodation. The rooms were ordinary and one team member ended up with her room not being serviced, the sheets on the bed were torn and she had no toilet paper or milk to make a cup of tea. She was also given no attachment to her room key to activate the lights and airconditioning - not good in the middle of Adelaide's biggest heat wave this year.
She was also expected to come down to reception to collect all the missing items rather than having them brought to her room.
The IT connections for our course participants was flunky and we ended up setting it all up ourselves.
Definitely won't be back again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Alpaca166
GeneralManager007, General Manager at Comfort Inn Haven Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2008

To whom it may concern,

Regarding the comments "Never Again"

I think these comments are extremely harsh given these were the set of cirmstances that I experienced ist hand, ".

Regarding the room's being ordinary, I think this is one persons opinion as our rooms on the south side have only just been refurbished and are in excellent condition so I am not sure what the client expected as we are an excellent 3.5 star property. Regarding the room not being serviced, after consultation with house keeping (on the day) they thought the room was a no show which was human error and for that we apologised to the client personally. At no time were we advised that the sheets were torn, we outsource our housekeeping as well as our linen, torn or linen that is not up to scratch is rejected and credits given. Where the client mentions that there was no attachment for the air-conditioning this is impossible as every room key is attached to the "energy Saver" so this is not possible. I agree it is totally unacceptable that the client had to come to reception to pick up the missing items, we should have taken them to the client.
Regarding the IT connections being flunky we had our on site Conference Manager assist with the set up for the meeting and unfortunately it was no fault of the property our connection was there and the client had a problem with their MAC computer with the re-routing, which had nothing to do with our facilities.

In closing the client was given two complimentary breakfasts which clearly the person writing the review was unaware of.

Thank you for the time and for the opportunity to comment.