“Very reasonably priced, comfortable and clean room.”

Comfort Inn Haven Marina
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Glenelg
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I booked a standard room on wotif.com for a winter warmer deal of $89, the room included a queen and single bed facing the marina. The room was really quite large, comfy beds and tastefully decorated. A large tv, mini bar, tea/coffee facilities. Wardrobe and hanging space. The bathroom was older in décor, but still quite large and everything in working order. I was really happy with what I got. In excellent location within walking distance to the main street of Glenelg.
We had breakfast in the Planks restaurant, buffet all you can eat for $20 and it was delicious. They only had scrambled eggs, I prefer fried and asked for some which the staff were only too happy to assist with at no extra cost.
Will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
BBriggs07, General Manager at Comfort Inn Haven Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

I see you chose our "Winter Warm up" package which is great value and has been very popular.
Im also pleased to see you enjoyed our buffet breakfast which is also great value as were improving it all the time.

We look forward to welcoming your back in the future, perhaps when the weather is nice and warm and you can enjoy the beach!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed 6 nights at the Comfort Inn Haven Marina mainly because of the location close to relatives who we were visiting, as well as the proximity to Jetty Road shops and the beach. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, the beds cosy and service excellent. The rooms are a bit dated, but clean and well furnished. We received a 25% discount off the total bill at the Plank Restaurant downstairs at the motel, and the food and service there were excellent. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for 2 nights with a Marina View room. Was very nice for a motel style room, all we needed, and nicely clean. The shower curtain isn't so nice, but can put up with it. There was a small gap in the window which the wind was getting through, but when we told reception, they were straight onto it with the maintenance. Free wifi in the rooms, reception staff very nice and helpful, free car parking, and a restaurant on sight, that looked really nice, didn't try it though. Location very good, on the marina and easy walk to Jetty Road and the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overnight stay for the family on a quick visit to Adelaide. Room was fine and comfortable, restaurant was excellent (see separate review). However my complaints: The carparking it absolutely hopeless under the building, particularly when you have a larger vehicle. My biggest issue though, the motel requires pre approval for your credit card on arrival. No problem with that but was is it with the extra $100 deposit for your key!!! When I went to checdk out next morning the receptionist was very rude and abrupt and when I queried the key deposit was tolds "well we get a lot of people staying here who have no money on their credit card" But I did a pre approval the night before so the problem is?? " Well it costs a lot to replace keys if they are lost" I advised said female that we usually stay at the Comfort Inn on Anzac Highway but had decided to try this one for a change but would not be returning (Other one doesnt even take a card swipe from me now, just pay the account next morning). Her reply, "well sorry about that thats just too bad, we have to do it" and she almost threw my Credit Card, Choice Hotel card and receipt at me. Needs a little lesson in dealing with customers I think. Sorry, will go where we are treated nicely and the rooms are at least accessible from your vehicle.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BBriggs07, General Manager at Comfort Inn Haven Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

In regards to the "hopeless" carparking we have three other carparks on the property for our guest and visitors to utilise, unfortunately the one you chose to park your car in can be difficult with a larger vehicle, hence the other three open carparks.

We pride ourselves on our great customer service as per our many other reviews, so im sorry you felt you where treated poorly. Our checkin staff have certain procedures they need to follow to be able to check a guets into the hotel - an imprint of a credit card or $100 cash bond to cover any incidentals is one of them. As you are a regular guest at the Anzac Highway Hotel I would say that is why they do not ask you for credit card details, as they obviously have a relationship with you that we dont.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I simply can't believe that this place has only 3 stars. I booked it simply to be close to Adelaide Airport, and when I arrived assumed that the restaurant would be shut ( Tuesday night etc) but was pleasantly surprised by friendly staff and good food. The room was better than I expected for the price, and the good service continued until my departure next day. Can I get extra milk for my daughter?...no problem, can I take my unfinished wine glass to me room?,,,no problem!
This once again highlights why I no longer regard Tripadvisor as reliable advice for booking accommodation. Too many people trying to live a champagne lifestyle on a beer budget!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving your lovely feedback... and very well put might I add.

Its a shame people use tripadvisor as their first point of compliant, if isues are brought to our attention at the time of stay we would have the opportunity to fix them!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

we were in glenelg recently for a conference and decided to stay an extra couple of days to wind down and relax. we had the pleasure of staying at the comfort inn haven marina. great location close to the water and all that glenelg has to offer and it's a short trip by cab or tram into the inner city of adelaide.

the customer service at comfort inn haven marin was second to none both at the front desk, bistro and even the cleaning staff. all made us feel extremley welcome and always went over and above to ensure we enjoyed our stay.

in terms of facilities, it is nothing special but considering what we paid it was neat and tidy and somewhere to sleep for the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
BBriggs07, General Manager at Comfort Inn Haven Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were looking for a place to rest our weary heads while staying in Adelaide for a busy weekend that wasn't too expensive. This hotel was a great little find, from the friendly reception staff, to the rooms, restaurant and price. Our room was not large, but had enough space for our needs. A previous reviewer was disappointed with the 'old' bathroom however we did not share this sentiment. Our bathroom was of an older style, however it was very clean, the grouting was white and there was enough room for two of us to use at one time. I liked the colour of the tiles too! The bed was a little soft for my back but I must admit it was comfortable. We found the hotel had a lovely outlook over a park and marina and was within easy walking distance of restaurants and shopping. We decided to eat dinner in the restaurant on the night of our arrival and were not disappointed with our meals or the service. Breakfast was also good, although the staff were a little loud in their chatter with each other. We'd definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BBriggs07, General Manager at Comfort Inn Haven Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us with your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

"The Haven Team"

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenelg
Stamford Grand Adelaide
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn
Seawall Apartments
Seawall Apartments
#1 of 7 in Glenelg
BreakFree Director's Studios

Been to Comfort Inn Haven Marina? Share your experiences!