“why stay in Adelaide - Glenelg is so much a better place to stay”

Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Glenelg
Melbourne, Australia
“why stay in Adelaide - Glenelg is so much a better place to stay”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

modern rooms and facilities, restaurants and relaxing bar, all directly next to the sand and sea. Pool, small gym and sauna (which was not working during my stay). i have previously stayed in Adelaide but never again. Glenelg is far more relaxing, great restaurants in hotel and numerous in walking distance from hotel. My room had a balcony, however would have loved it to be one of the units with full sea views. Im not sure how much extra it costs but might be worth it. My view was into the rooms of the building next door which was about ten metres away.. but other than that it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed October 2012
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Plaza Pier. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and time in Glenelg. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon in one of our Ocean view units.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Bangkok
Reviewed October 30, 2012

So I've stayed at the Oaks Pier a few times now and have had a pleasant enough experience everytime. The hotel is well located (right on the beach) and is only a couple of minutes walk to Jetty Rd. The rooms are comfortable, the beds are especially so (actually the best I think I've ever slept on).

The staff can be a little churlish, but try not to pay attention. All in all this is a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Plaza Pier. We are pleased to read that you found your bed comfortable and enjoyed your stay every time. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Vic
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I visit Adelaide frequently on personal and business trips. Having recently stayed at this
establishment for the first time I must agree with some of the reviews regarding staff.
At no time was I or my business associate made to feel welcome, on the contrary we got the distinct impression we were an unwelcome interruption. However the room I stayed in was excellent, plenty of room with ocean view and small balcony. My associate was not so lucky he had the room from hell. The staff desperately need an urgent refresher course in hospitality as it really did leave an unpleasant feeling. Not sure if I should give it a second chance next month...!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JKDVic
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

No real welcome at reception, left to find our own way through a maze of corridors.
Room tv was old and difficult to manage. Couch uncomfortable, difficult for elderly to rise from.
Old furniture, cutlery and only two pillows ... One extremely old and flat!
Noises from main road, people entering and exiting the building.. For the amount off money paid, lack of view and location of the room.... Not good value in our opinion. Sad way to end a holiday in South Australia . Four days money that could have given us much more in value. Will not be recommending this premises to my clients, friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Yvonnebradfield
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Plaza Pier. It is disappointing to read of your experiences while staying with us. I will pass your comments onto the Hotel Manager for immediate attention however if you wish to discuss any matters further, please contact our Customer Feedback Team on customerfeedback@theoaksgroup.com.au. We do hope to rectify any issues and welcome you back again.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have just returned from our stay here and were amazed how little regard the staff here show for their guests.
Let me start by saying the room itself was great - sensational position, lovely big beds, great outlook, nice decor, Tv etc. Unfortunately, it all got sad from here.
Reception staff were disinterested and unfriendly. Rooms have absolutely no information whatsoever. No instructions for phone, TV, internet, appliances (our room had dishwasher, washing machine and microwave). No room service menu of any kind, no information on the gym or pool facilities. Now, we were able to work out what we needed to use, but what if you were not familiar with these or international? Cleaning was non-existant, with our bins not being emptied (we had booked with a small toddler and needed nappies removed as well as cooking refuse). Being in a two bedroom apartment, we were left with two towels after rooms had been 'serviced'. No recycling was removed either and if we dared request some assistance, we were told to "come down and get it yourself", or "housecleaning have finished for the day"!. I am not about to leave a child unattended to save lazy staff the trip! We requested some salt and pepper and were hung up on, so I ventured downstairs only to be told - ask the restaurant - who then told me - ask the bar next door. They helped and were not even part of the Oaks hotel!!!! Also had clothes and sleepwear shoved behind the bed mattress and wall and sheets were covering a sad excuse for a doona.
So now you think I am a whinger! Have a look at my other reviews and you will see - I don't complain, but this was ridiculous! Obviously no one cares either, as all of the previous reviews mentioning these issues have been brushed off and clearly not addressed. Poor form and a pathetic example of this chain of hotels. Will definitely not stay again and would NEVER stay at another OAKS if this is the way they claim to look after their guests. I will be telling everyone who will listen not to stay here as this type of treatment is not acceptable for what you are paying and supposedly in a 4.5 star hotel - not to mention $18 per day car parking on top!! Get your act together Pier Plaza, I know small children who could have demonstrated more customer service than you!

Room Tip: If you want any sleep on a weekend, make sure you are on a higher floor and away from the bar area...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank janszi
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Plaza Pier. It is disappointing to read of the issues you experienced with housekeeping and our staff. I will pass your comments onto the Hotel Manager and General Manager for Learning and Development for their immediate attention. If you wish to discuss any matters further, you can contact our Customer Feedback Team on customerfeedback@theoaksgroup.com.au. We do hope to rectify your issues and welcome you back to Oaks Hotels and Resorts again.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel was horrible, the lack of service was hideous. Next time id rather stay in the back of some seedy old guys van. Well done Oaks Plaza, you have made my horrible list. Now the list consists of you and the government.

Room Tip: The room NOT in this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michael C
Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Plaza Pier. It is so disappointing to read comments such as yours and we would like to discuss this further. If you wish, please contact our Customer Feedback Team on customerfeedback@theoaksgroup.com.au.

Travelers are raving about these Glenelg hotels

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

the oaks plaza pier is a beautiful place. but they are money hungry people! i had a hotel room for my hens night. Next morning we cleaned up everything we could clean. but they did not leave any cleaning products anywhere. so we could not do the dishes. and we could not mop the scuff marks off the floor. the hotel took my $150 bond for washing a few cups pretty much. i called to dispute it. and they clearly stated it was my fault because i did not ask the reception for more cleaning products. there was no information given to me stating it was available at reception. so how was i to know? we cleaned up everything we could. we made the place look respectable as we could. but alas. it is my fault that the hotel did not live up to their side or supplying cleaning products and i am now down $150. right before my wedding... not what i needed. my fiance and i were going to stay there on our wedding night... not anymore. i will be taking my business elsewhere from now on. thank you very much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cassie M
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Plaza Pier. It is disappointing to read of the issues you experienced while staying with us. If Housekeeping are required to do additional work cleaning the apartment, we use the guest’s bond to cover the costs. For example, we will take a bond if there is excess rubbish, if the furniture needs to be reset or scuff marks removed. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenelg
Stamford Grand Adelaide
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,588 reviews
Oaks Liberty Towers
Oaks Liberty Towers
#1 of 12 in Glenelg

Been to Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!