“sometimes good sometime ok”

Tomiko Japanese Steak House
Ranked #33 of 174 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Tomiko Japanese Steak House is one of Adelaide's premier restaurants, specialising in a fantastic range of fresh, high quality food prepared by our expert chefs! Since opening in 2011, we have quickly established a reputation for quality & Our philosophy is to provide our valued customers with a unique and exciting dining experience, by carefully selecting and preparing the highest quality ingredients for our dishes, whilst delivering an exceptional level of service. Located on Adelaide's Marina Pier, our restaurant is the perfect spot to enjoy the sunshine and fantastic views of the Marina in the summer, or indulge in the warm and cosy atmosphere of our sheltered Teppanyaki grills in the winter. Our Menu features succulent cuts of beef including Wagyu, Chateaubriand and Hibachi; delicious seafood such as Lobster, Salmon, Scallops, and King Prawns; plus a fantastic range of Sushi, as well as an extensive and flavoursome Degustation Menu. Our speciality is Teppanyaki, a modern style of Japanese cooking that lets you sit back and watch as our expert chefs prepare and cook fresh, flavourful Japanese cuisine right in front of you and your friends! We also have The Secret Room, a fully air conditioned, Japanese-themed private function room seating up to 20, where you can enjoy the finest food that Adelaide has to offer, whilst our dedicated staff provide you with first class service. Tomiko Japanese Steak House is guaranteed to be an enjoyable and unique experience so contact us now to reserve your place at one of Adelaide's finest restaurants!
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have visited this restaurant many times because I love japanesse food and I love the marina come summer or winter.
I used to visit the restaurant when it was sumo as well.. I will say, a few things are over priced especially the sukiyuki and i think the manager always gives great service but I think it has new owners now because there seems to be more of a sales pitch which would be driven by new managment.
I will return again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

If the food was five star and the service was five star the price may match-it didn't .Average food,had better sashimi in the food court of a shopping centre.The mains we had were $43 and$39 as we were sharing asked three times for another plate,never arrived.If the prices were halved we would consider returning,we won't be at these prices!

3  Thank hairandwine
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great Restaurant, excellent food. Patrick was our chef and cooked on the hot plate in front of us. We ate here twice in our 1 week stay. Would definately recommend.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were craving for some Japanese food so we decided to go on. Our anniversary to tomiko! Bad choice! As I'm pregnant we got the tepanyaky menu... How I regret that. Expensive as anything and oily. Took me one day to recover I thought I had food poisoning! The waiter was very nice thought, however his boss is a greedy little thing! Always trying to push you something and kick out of the table as soon as u have your last rice grain! As said Japanese cocked by Chinese is not a very good idea!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had eaten next door at Zucca's the previous night and that was fantastic so I had high hopes for Tomiko Station. I wasn't disappointed, though not quite as good as Zucca's. I couldn't fault the food or service, thought a cuople of the dishes were overpriced.