“enjoyed the stay”

Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Glenelg
Reviewed March 31, 2009

As a business traveller I would normally stay in a city hotel, but the Clipsal 500 car race was on they were all booked out for the 2 nights I needed to stay.

Overall I enjoyed the stay, staff helpful and friendly. Had a room on the north side top floor which based on it's location would recommend top floor away from the street.

As others have said, there are stairs only. It's in a good location for tourists and I would stay there again with it being only a short walk to food and bars and some shopping. Also has the tram direct to the city just a few steps away.

Also clean the windscreen on the car over night which was a nice touch, chocolates on the pillow.

One minor issue, the tv was placed lower than the end of the bed, which meant I needed to sit up on the couch to watch it, decor dated but ok. Minor but I like the comforts. Happy to stay again, but if I was 70 would choose elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed March 22, 2009

This hotel is within a block of all the shops and restaurants in Glenelg and the beautiful beach. The room is large and roomy and the bathroom with shower is comfortable. It's no frills but clean and well-maintained. The desk staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2008

I stayed here with my wife and had a good stay overall. We drove from Melbourne and it has good secure parking under the motel. As mentioned in other reviews, there are some stairs to climb but that should not bother anyone unless you're unwell or elderly. (2 floors) We stayed in what I think was one of the better rooms, up top and facing the front. The balcony was not accessible but we did not mind. The street is fairly noisy outside but we couldn't hear much due to it being hot and therefore having the window shut and a/c on. Some of the front reception staff were pretty "cool" but they seemed o k to me. Motel is starting to look a little tired inside but the room was neat/clean and comfortable. *note, If you are on the Qantas frequent flyer program, you can earn points by staying here.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HuzBuz
Reviewed June 23, 2008

After checking out other nearby hotels we opted to stay at the Ensenada Motor Inn because of the great location and affordable price.

We were shown 2 rooms which were both very clean and comfortable. Yes it's on a busy street but with the double glazed windows it didn't matter - staff on duty were also pleasant and most helpful!

We would definately stay again!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Motel is slightly outdated by US standards. Rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, staff friendly and the a/c and heating work well, but this isn't the place for physically impaired guests. Steep steps from the street to the desk and more steps to the regular rooms. More steep steps down to the gated parking lot. (Good Feature) The ground floor suites with kitchinetttes are easy to access from the parking lot without steps, but are far more costly. Outside noise was'nt a problem as the double pane windows blocked most street noise out. We stayed in both a regular room and a suite so write from experience. If you can handle the steps or the higher price for suites, then it's a decent place to stay.
RGW
St. Louis, Missouri
May 2008

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2008

The staff were not as friendly as I would have hoped but the room was delightful. The room was clean, there were chocolates on my pillow. The prices for the bar fridge were very reasonable. The room was new, had foxtel and my car windscreen was washed before I left. It had reverse cycle in each room (3). They allowed free parking for the next day. I generally found the room quiet but could see how it would get noisey as it is situated next to a very busy cafe, restuarant strip. For those who are there for that kind of experience, it is very convenient and inviting.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 25, 2008

When we arrived I was really unwell, and my wife has limited mobility. There were steep steps to both entrances. No, there was no ramp, they said. No, they could not help me with the luggage or the wheelchair. My wife checked us in and asked for a doctor - no, they said, they had no details of doctors, but there was a medical centre I could take a taxi to. So I stayed in my room and felt sorry for myself.

The room itself was adequately equipped with 1970s decor, but clean, and with a nice view of the car park and a building site. The shower room was tiny, but clean. The staff - after our initial bad impression - were friendly. No, there was nobody to help us downstairs with our luggage and the wheelchair when we checked out.

The location is rather noisy, but it's only 250 metres or so from the very attractive centre of Glenelg and the wonderful beach.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenelg
Stamford Grand Adelaide
Hilton Adelaide
Hilton Adelaide
#18 of 56 in Adelaide
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide on Hindley

Been to Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!