Booked online for May 09 stay..no probs there. Had a few questions so emailed these through and the girls were very helpful although 1 enquiry took a couple of days before someone responded to it. Had read previous reviews about bathrooms being average and unfortunately they were. Bathrooms are probably the most impt. thing for us when staying at a hotel and although we were told all bathrooms had been 'refurbished', this probably meant that all bathrooms had been re-grouted and the vanity basins were replaced because other than that the rest of the bathroom looked fairly dated. The shower was in the bath which we don't like but that wasn't a big deal. The beds were comfy enough until we had to sleep in them...nothing wrong with beds themselves but the pillows were awful! My husband actually gave up and just stayed up watching the tennis on tv all night because he couldn't get comfortable with the pillows (they were very high pillows). I managed to get some sleep but felt very sorry for hubby.
TV's were old, the buttons on the tv didn't work in our room so unless we had the remote with us couldn't turn volume up and down as required. There was a balcony in our room which was nice but too cold on our particular stay to open it.
Full buffet brekky was included in our stay and it was ok. They had hash browns, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms, sausages and tomatoes as well as yoghurt, cereal, muffins, croissants, toast, various juices, tea and coffee and fresh fruits. If it weren't included in our package we most definitley would not have paid $30 odd bucks for the brekky. Definitely not worth that! At $30 per person you'll be gauranteed a pretty top notch main course meal at a high end restuarant somewhere in Adelaide...certainly not worth that for Brekky...espeically when it wasn't the best nor biggest spread.
All in all it was an ok stay but 1 night was long enough for us. Maybe we have high standards compared to most??
Service was excellent though so can't fault them there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Grand Adelaide is one of the best luxury accommodations in Glenelg Adelaide, located on the absolute beachfront. Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel is an ideal base for you to discover all that Glenelg and Adelaide have to offer. Our Glenelg accommodation is perfect for those who are looking for a beachside location that is close to Adelaide's special events, yet out of the city! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stamford Grand Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Glenelg
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel Glenelg