Very few hotels could match the ambience and feel of being right on Glenelg beach. This was my 4th visit for and I really look forward to returning. If 5 star luxury is your thing, you probably will be disappointed but the general standard is still fairly high. As noted by other reviewers it is not cutting-edge modern has a solid feel. Bathroom is good, bed a little hard for my liking and I couldn't get the pillow right but if the are some niggles (and every hotel has some) all you have to do is walk out the back door to the promenade along the beach and they quickly fade away.
Staff are very good, professional and good humoured on the front desk. Our company had to cancel planned meetings and accommodation at the stamford back in March and they allowed us to postpone until July although not strictly bound to do so. The meeting/conference rooms on the first floor open onto a verandah overlooking the beach around the building to Jetty Road- fantastic for meeting breaks and to freshen up mentally.
The breakfast spread is pretty good but I baulk at paying $25-30 for breakfast no matter how good it is. I don't NEED a breakfast that good but you pay that much even if you just want a bit of cereal, fruit and yoghurt and a cup of tea or coffee. My whinge about this applies to many hotels so the Stàmford is not unique here. If I have time I usually find a nearby cafe where B&E on toast with coffee can be had for 15 bucks or so.
There are so many fantastic restaurants up at Holdfast Bay (a mini-Darling Harbour but with class) that I haven't actually eaten at the restaurant so can't comment on that. Overall plenty of major positives and on a few negatives. The worst thing that happened was Agar getting out for 99! Deserved a century.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Grand Adelaide is one of the best luxury accommodations in Glenelg Adelaide, located on the absolute beachfront. Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel is an ideal base for you to discover all that Glenelg and Adelaide have to offer. Our Glenelg accommodation is perfect for those who are looking for a beachside location that is close to Adelaide's special events, yet out of the city! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stamford Grand Adelaide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Glenelg
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel Glenelg