Stamford Grand Adelaide
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$122
$103
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$72
$60
Agoda.com
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$89
$74
Seawall Apartments(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$126
$104
Agoda.com
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$81
$79
Comfort Inn Anzac Highway(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$79
Priceline
$103
$100
3,070 results
All reviewspromenade restaurantwinter wonderlandgrand bargreat locationocean viewcocktail loungeglenelg beachjetty roadbuffet breakfasthigh teabalcony roomvalet parkingtram stopcityadelaideconciergeconference
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I would come back to this hotel ONLY for the location! You will not experience anything else like this location wise! The tram is outside the door, and entertainment on the pier every night. The view itself is worth a thousand words.

We stayed 3 nights - 1 in a king balcony room and then 2 nights in VIP suite. We were not greeted on arrival by concierge, waited 10 mins in the queue when I was the only person at reception for the staff member to finish reading a report. We were given a twin double room with balcony. Was told that nothing could be done even though my confirmation email said King bed. When trying to get our luggage from the car park to room, concierge ignored us and did not offer any assistance or even to hold lift door open. My partner and I were extremely uncomfortable in the old, outdated bed and room attire. We were very disappointed as we were celebrating our engagement and spending a lot of money for the hotel services.

We moved to the VIP suite for the next 2 nights as per booked plan. The room had slightly more quality however could use a serious makeover for 5 star hotel. Spa bath was amazing though as the bathroom had a window to look out over the ocean! We ate out at many of the Glenelg restaurants and cannot fault any. We ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast on our last day. We were shocked to find out that breakfast was $30+ for buffet pp. According to the dining menus in our room we thought it was around $20 pp. We were not told the price until we got the room bill ( probably my own fault for not asking but I assumed it was the price as stated in the dining menu. Apparently not ...)

Overall I would come back to this hotel for the location, but would not waste my money on anything more fancy as I have stayed in better 5 star hotels in Sydney, Melbourne and Fiji!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LB2B251
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear LB2B251

Thank you for taking the time to post your candid feedback following your recent visit and congratulations on your engagement. I sincerely apologise that your celebratory stay with us did not meet your expectations and, more specifically, for the misunderstanding about the cost of our full buffet breakfast. We are about to embark on a major refurbishment of our guest rooms and public areas so I hope you will visit us again when you are next in Adelaide.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The beauty of this Hotel is its great location, sandstone building and views, especially from the high floors of either the City/Mountains or the Beach and Jetty. I have visited Glenelg for some 35 years & always enjoy a trip on the Tram, accessed right outside the front doors, plus a stroll around the many shops & eateries in Jetty Rd.
A delight is the Lobby area of The Grand and the Promenade Restaurant with views to the beach & jetty. I invited my family to High Tea in the Promenade & highly recommend doing this as part of your experience of a visit to The Grand.
Room service meals were excellent and large in size & delivered promptly by friendly staff.
I posted photos of my 10th floor City & Beach views on Facebook, receiving likes from most of my friends.
I hope to be back in Adelaide in August & will certainly be staying again at the Stamford Grand Glenelg. (10th floor again please)!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have incredible views, you still get Beach views coming out of lifts (chairs available to sit). City night views & sunrise over the Adelaide hills are excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Kathy R

Dear Kathy

Thank you for your wonderful review. I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay and that you were able to take advantage of our great facilities and magnificent location. We look forward to welcoming you back in August.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a lovely hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the rooms are large and clean. The city and mountains view is just magnificent! Whlst the decor isn't up-to-the-minute, it's totally suited to the style of the hotel. The location can't be beaten - beach, tram and shops right on the doorstep. A beautiful hotel in a beautiful location - would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm sure the beach views are magnificent, but I loved the city/mountain views! View from the 10th floor was fantastic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynne K

Dear Lorore

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that my staff looked after you well, as they should, and that you were able to take advantage of our fabulous location and great facilities. We are in the planning stages of a major refurbishment but will retain our classic personality so I welcome your thoughts once that is complete. In the meantime, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stay here annually to visit my family and you can't get better than this hotel in Glenelg. I know there are a lot of new apartments but for the kids of any age and families this is my first choice. We had a package where for $2 extra we got parking and a full buffet breakfast daily. The views of the beach are amazing, the pool is fantastic and the rooms large.
We had a fantastic lunch in the front bar and horizons offered snacks and drinks during the day when it was time to catch up with old friends. Everything else you need is right out the front entrance. Transport and Jetty Road caters for food, amenities and shopping. The beach house is great for kids.
My family and I had a wonderful stay and will be returning when we visit Adelaide again

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Samanthajoanne1974

It is wonderful to read such great reviews from regular guests such as yourself. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service so I was pleased to read you enjoyed both that and our location and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide next time you’re in Australia.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have stayed on many occasions and the Stamford Grand in Glenelg is still a great hotel.
The location is brilliant, right on the beach in Glenelg, only a stones throw from the tram terminus.
The rooms are reasonably well appointed but it is the views that really sell this hotel.
The lobby lives up to the name in that is has a grand staircase, but the atmosphere maintained is quite cosy and intimate for a hotel this size.

We only had breakfast during our stay, which was more than ample, quick efficient and friendly service. Great coffee by the way.
The concierge and front desk staff were very professional and welcoming throughout our three night stay, as were the restaurant staff.
Our only note is that on Friday night, it did get quite busy in the lobby and the surrounding areas, we we knew from our past experiences along this area.
Nevertheless, get location, close to so many attractions, close enough to the city and reasonably priced. Really enjoyed our stay.

***There was a comment in a below review, about the hotel taking $100. That's normal practice in any hotel I've stayed at, and it's not the hotel holding your money, it's your own bank. It's called a pre-authorisation and it get automatically released when you checkout - provided you don't have incidental charges like mini bar. So it's rather unfair you imply they took your money isn't it?

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean/beach views are best - not sure of room type but the ones with the bay windows
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KVE1005

Dear KVE1005

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you are a regular and choose to stay with us time and again due to our great location and attentive staff. We aim to exceed our guests expectations so it is encouraging to read such lovely comments as yours. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.