Stamford Grand Adelaide
$72
$63
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Anzac Highway(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$79
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$114
$95
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Atlantic Tower Motor Inn(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$82
$80
Seawall Apartments(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$129
$113
Priceline
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$82
$87
$103
$100
3,075 results
All reviewspromenade restaurantwinter wonderlandgrand bargreat locationocean viewcocktail loungeglenelg beachjetty roadbuffet breakfasthigh teabalcony roomvalet parkingtram stopcityadelaideconciergeconference
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Staying on a high floor in a deluxe balcony ocean view suite, we were treated to the most amazing view of the water. Comfortable bed and plenty of room including a most inviting lounge suite that was very handy after a long day out in town. It is dated, as others have indicated, but I don't think it has lost it's charm. Service was good and very accommodating. Breakfast (included) was expansive and delicious. Location is second to none right on the water with Moseley Square and the tram stop right out the door. The only real let down was the bathroom - shower curtains and a tiny shower over bath is just unacceptable in this day and age. Would most definitely stay here again and recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Steve8010.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our service and you were able to take advantage of our wonderful location. You will be pleased to note that we are in the planning stages of a major refurbishment with work expected to commence early next year. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand in the near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hello,

I stayed two nights at the Stamford Grand in Glenelg with my partner.

POSITIVES:
-The staff I encountered were very kind and went out of their way to help us.
-We had a room with an Ocean View and the view was lovely.
-The location is great, with many restaurants to choose from along Jetty Road.
-The lobby of the hotel is extremely beautiful and timeless, very luxurious!
-The Promenade Restaurant (just off of the lobby) was very, very nice. We had dinner there, and the food was very nice. The waiter went out of his way to ensure we had a comfortable time.
-We also visited the Horizons Cocktail Lounge. I LOVED the interior furnishings and decorations, and we could watch the sun set on the beach though the wide windows. A pianist played live until 8pm.
-There is a pool and spa on the second floor, along with a sauna and gym... The pool area has a balcony, which you can walk and relax on and watch the beach.
-The room was clean. Housekeeping came daily and did a very nice job.
-Room service was excellent
-Room air conditioning worked very well.
-Absolute beachfront location, was very relaxing.

NEGATIVES:
-THE ROOM WAS SO, SO DATED. ESPECIALLY THE BATHROOM. The bathroom had a bright blue painted wall... which did NOT go with the interior decor at all!
-The bathtub and shower were some weird 80s combination, where the shower was inside the bathtub... It was very strange, ESPECIALLY for a 5 star hotel!
-The bathtub had black marks all on the bottom and sides, which grossed me out. I don't think it was dirt, just wear and tear...
-The tiles in the bathroom looked old and worn. Just, very outdated and REALLY needs refurbishment. Looks like it hasn't been done up in 15-20 years.
-The light switches are on the bed headboard, which is annoying and weird.
-I plugged in my phone charger into a socket. When I went to remove the charger, THE WHOLE WALL SOCKET came out too!! Exposing the internal wires. I did not pull it out roughly, just as I normally would! It was scarey, and I could have been electrocuted!
-In order to get the charger for my phone to work at this particular outlet, I had to flick a switch which also activated the hall light, so in order to charge my phone the hall light had to be on! Not good when you're trying to sleep at the same time.
-The mattress was uncomfortable, and had springs sticking in to my back. Mattresses need replacing.
-Interior bedroom furnishings outdated and poor, did not feel like a 5 star hotel.
-The pool area needs a much needed clean and renovation too! First of all, in order to get to the pool you have to travel down these strange corridors, and you feel like you're somewhere you're not supposed to be. You travel past all these office type rooms to finally reach the pool and spa. To open the door to the pool you have to pull on the handle extremely hard... In fact I thought it was locked until a maintenance man showed me you have to SLAM the handle down to get the door open! The spa was heated (lukewarm), and pool was NOT heated. The spa's jets were far too strong, causing water to splash up in my face, and over the edge of the spa. The pool was not deep at any point (you can stand up the whole length of the pool.) The doors leading to the balcony were dirty and need to be painted.
-We saw a cockroach in the pool area at 9pm at night.
-The flat screen television was smaller than expected.
-No free Foxtel. Only had free-to-air channels, which is unlike other 5 star hotel's I've stayed at which offer some Foxtel channels.
-Channels took a long time to "load" or change over.
-Bathroom did not seem to have a fan.
-RENTING MOVIES COST AROUND $20.00 A MOVIE ON THE TV!!! How ridiculous is that price! Especially when you can rent on iTunes for $8.00!!
-A can of coke from the minibar was $4.50!!! That's crazy.
-No complimentary bottled water.
-Blankets were thin and felt ragged and worn. Definitely not plush or fluffy.
-The elevators were old and made me feel sick, which I've never experienced with elevators before.
-The balcony sliding door was old and rickety, and it was very hard to slide and lock. You had to use a lot of force to slide open the door.
-There were no chairs or table on the balcony, and I didn't like the tiles.
-Could hear water running in the next room's bathroom from our own.

Overall, the Hotel was a wonderful lobby, cocktail lounge, restaurant, and a fabulous location. However, the rooms leave much to be desired. They feel so old and outdated, and, while they are very clean, feel more 3 1/2 star than 5 star. I've stayed in 5 star places like the Crowne Plaza (The Crowne Plaza is JUST fabulous, the rooms are DIVINE!) If the Grand want to know what 5 star is, visit the Crowne!!! I've also stayed at the InterContinental Adelaide (The old Hyatt), which is also dated but still better than the Stamford! This just DID NOT feel 5 starish at all, and costs a ridiculous amount for the poor quality rooms (we paid $200 per night.)

1  Thank LouMar1992

Dear LouMar1992,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comprehensive review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments as they enable us to identify areas of our service or facilities that may be improved.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and were able to take advantage of our wonderful location and many fabulous facilities including our popular restaurant, bars and pool deck. You will be pleased to hear that we are in the planning stage of a major refurbishment of our guest rooms with work expected to commence early next year.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the new year.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have stayed at the Grand numerous times.The service is always excellent & the staff are very friendly. The rooms are really nice too, we've never had a room that we've been disappointed in.The breakfast in the dining room is scrumptious.. we always stay at the Grand in Glenelg when we are in Adelaide..

Room Tip: We've stayed at the front & enjoyed the sea view but have also stayed at the back with a balcony room that looks over Glenelg's Moseley Square & Adelaide which is great...it is lovely too at night looking over Adelaide as evening sets in..this is our favorite..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Justin_Higgins, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Gwen D
Thank you for taking the time to provide Trip Advisor with feedback following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you were delighted with the service you have regularly received during your stays with us at the Stamford Grand. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service so your positive feedback regarding our staff was warmly received and has also been shared with my team. Thank you again, and I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

A comfortable hotel with good service. Only about 15 minutes from the airport.
We had a great king room over looking the water; great sunsets. The room is of a good standard and the package we had, which included the buffet breakfast, was very good value.
Our only negative thought was that the bathroom in our room was looking a little tired and is probably in need of a makeover.
We ate in the restaurant on our first night and enjoyed our meal and lovely wine.

We will stay again.

Room Tip: I recommend the sea view room but the city views are good at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sue K
Thank you for your Trip Advisor feedback regarding your recent stay with us, it is most appreciated. We are working hard to rejuvenate the hotel and our guest rooms and we have various projects planned to refresh the image of the hotel and guest rooms. We do look forward to the completion of these works which is expected next year. I am pleased to note that you took advantage of our advance saver packages, and I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here on our wedding night which was sheer disappointment. The rooms were dated and overpriced. The brekkie in the buffet was cold and the coffee was horrible. I don't like to leave bad reviews but this time I felt I had to sorry.

Dear Penny_Max01
Thank you for your TripAdvisor feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments as they enable us to identify areas of our service or facilities that may be improved. Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to meet your expectations on your wedding night. We are working hard to rejuvenate the hotel and our guest rooms and we have various projects planned to refresh the image of the hotel and guest rooms. I have also taken on board your feedback about breakfast and shared that with my Director of Food & Beverage. Thank you once again for the feedback, and I do hope you grant us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide in the future.
Kind regards,