“Amazing weekend away”

Stamford Grand Adelaide
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Glenelg
“Amazing weekend away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Stamford grand hotel over the long weekend and really enjoyed our time there! The menu had a good selection of meals available, tempura prawns were amazing as well as the buffet breakfast. The staff and food exceeded my expectation, especially Jeanette - she was fantastic and very kind to my little girl.

Room Tip: Looking for a family friendly hotel - stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us. We are always delighted to hear from guests who enjoy the Hotel’s great location. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I am pleased you were delighted with the service you received. I have shared your compliments regarding your meals with my Director of Food & Beverage and my Executive Chef. Jeanette will be commended on her service, as a result of your comments.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you (and your family) back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The staff at check in were extremely helpful, professional and polite. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the sea view was fantastic.
The biggest downfall was the restaurant. I ordered the 3 course special; the first course came out within 5 minutes, but I then had to wait a further 45 minutes before my main arrived, and another 15 minutes after that for the dessert. The food (squid for entree, pork belly for main and panna cotta for dessert) was average at best. I would stay at the hotel again but would definitely not eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service so your positive feedback regarding our check-in staff was warmly received and has been shared with my team. I am disappointed to read that your experience in our restaurant did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that I have addressed the issues you raised with my Director of Food & Beverage as this is certainly not the level of service we are known for. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope you’ll allow us the opportunity to host you again in the restaurant so that you can experience the exceptional service for which Stamford Grand Adelaide is recognised.
Melbourne.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Highly Recommended. The Stanmford certainly lives up to her name . In my words she is a "Grand Lady". I've stayed in lots of varied accomodation & this facility provided every thing my wife & I needed in one place. Brilliant.. Fantastic
When given the opportunity to visit Adelaide again, the Stamford Grand will be my preference. Extremely close to all type of public transport.. Thats a big plus just in it self.
All of the staff we had contact with were a real pleasure to work with.
The room was magnificent, and the extension granted on our departure time was a real blessing. To all staff at the Stamford. Well done & keep up the great work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you were delighted with the service you received during your stay at the Stamford Grand. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service so your positive feedback regarding our staff was warmly received and has been shared with my team. We are proud of our wonderful location and I am delighted to hear that you plan to return to our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I bought one of those Scoopon vouchers considering it was a great deal - oh how wrong I was! My husband and I stayed for 1 night only (in May 2012) for my birthday, and that experience was enough for me to not want to step foot in there again. I do not have any positive comments to make as the whole experience was crappy.

CONS
- Arrived, no one to greet us for valet parking.
- Checked into our room - disappointed. Where to start? The view was overlooking their carpark, room outdated, bathroom does not have a separate shower (you charge so much yet you can't even have that?!), choc dipped strawberries turned out to be only 2 and warm (don't know how long it was sitting there!).
- Went down to have some cocktails - bartender did not know how to make mine, turned out to be so sour and full of lime. Complained and got another made up by a different guy who knew what he was doing
- Next day, no newspaper was delivered, had to call concierge
- Massive line up for breakfast! Cannot comprehend that you cannot cater for such a crowd- waited in line
- Got a seat. Noticed coffee cup was left behind from previous customer. Asked a waitress if I could have it replaced. She replied "IT HASN'T BEEN USED, SO IT'S OK". I don't give a rats [--] if it hasn't been used or looks like it hasn't been used, the fact that it was there from the previous customer. Annoyed, I asked her for a spoon as there were none and another set for my husband. She came back and threw the spoon on the table. We had to ask another waiter for the spare cup. Attitude much?!
- But you know to top it off, your valet drivers damaged our car! Tried to deny it but then was settled and we got our car fixed. NEVER AGAIN!

It felt that because we bought the online voucher, felt like we were treated as second rate guests. It doesn't matter what you say, I would never go back and would never recommend the hotel to anyone.

You seriously need a major overhall of re-training your staff and refurbishing your hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anika1901
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in May 2012. Your comments are valuable in helping us to address certain aspects of our operation which, back then, clearly required attention. Your experience does not reflect our normal standard of service and I have since and subsequently addressed this with my management team to prevent a recurrence. I have taken on board all of your comments and sincerely regret that your stay failed to meet expectations. For your information we are in the planning stages of a refurbishment of our guest rooms, with work expected to commence in the near future. I do hope that we have another opportunity to host you again so that we can give you a memorable experience for all the right reasons.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Stamford Grand in Glenelg South Australia is a good hotel , but like hotels everywhere it is just a bedroom and bathroom, is it realy worth the money they charge, mmm probably not. we had a room woth a lovley view out over the carpark and I suspect that the sea view rooms would be a much nicer experience. Breakfast on the other hand was fantastic, the re was a wide arrray to choose from and the hot food buffet was in fact hot. over all room gets 6/10 and the breakfast 10/10

Room Tip: Get a sea view room and make sure you include breakfast
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I am pleased you were delighted with breakfast and I have shared your compliments with my Director of Food & Beverage and my Executive Chef. I have taken on board your feedback regarding your room. For the future, please do not hesitate to mention a room preference when next making your reservation and we will do our best to accommodate you. Once again thank you for your comments. I trust we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Hotel is sitting on a fantastic site....was there for a conference for 4 days....hotel rooms were very tired and dated and I don't know why the conference organisers booked this venue as there are better hotels in Adelaide.
Conference facilities were good though.
Sports bar was also very tacky, dated and extremely loud. I don't think I could recommend until there is a major facelift.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us. I have taken on board your comments and am disappointed to learn that our accommodation did not meet your expectations. I am pleased to advise that we are in the planning stages of a major refurbishment that will include our guest rooms, with work expected to commence in the near future.

Thanks again for your feedback. I trust we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Stamford Grand in the near future
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Was here for a conference. The rooms are minimalistic. The furniture is stark and uncomfortable. I had booked a suite for a four night stay hoping that i would have space to be comfortable, however the furniture was so upright you could not even enjoy setting on it. The views are fantastic, being right on the beach and next to the Glenelg Pier. The food was good.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a seaside view. The city view is not very pleasant.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us and I have taken on board your comments. I am disappointed to learn that our accommodation did not meet your expectations however I am pleased to advise that we are in the planning stages of a major refurbishment that will include our guest rooms, and expect work to commence in the near future.
Thanks again for your feedback and I trust we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Stamford Grand, Adelaide in the future.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenelg
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
#12 of 57 in Adelaide
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,011 reviews
The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Stamford Grand Adelaide? Share your experiences!