Stamford Grand Adelaide
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/31
  • Beachfront
$72
$60
Agoda.com
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$89
$74
Seawall Apartments(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$126
$104
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

Atlantic Tower Motor Inn(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
$81
$79
Comfort Inn Anzac Highway(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/02
Free cancellation until 06/02
$103
$100
3,070 results
All reviewspromenade restaurantwinter wonderlandgrand bargreat locationocean viewcocktail loungeglenelg beachjetty roadbuffet breakfasthigh teabalcony roomvalet parkingtram stopcityadelaideconciergeconference
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed here before and had wonderful views over the sea or towards the city. This time it's concrete walls and car park. And no desk! I've had to drag the small table across to a PowerPoint to work.

• Stayed: September 2012
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us.
Please be assured that I have taken on board your feedback regarding your accommodation. For the future, please do not hesitate to mention a room preference when next making your reservation and we do our best to accommodate. I am pleased to advise that we are planning a major refurbishment forour guest rooms, with work expected to commence in the near future.

Thanks again for your feedback. I do hope you’ll allow us the opportunity to host you again so that you can experience the exceptional service for which Stamford Grand, Adelaide is recognised.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I bough a Groupon voucher for an overnight package at the Stamford Grand in Glenelg. We purchased an up-grade to an ocean-view room...well worth it, as the view was just stunning. The room was spacious, modern, comfortable and clean. The intrusion of sound from adjacent rooms and the corridor was minimal.

The service was also excellent. The safe in our room was not working, and within 3 minutes of ringing Reception, maintenance had arrived to fix the problem. Breakfast was included in the package, and we ate much more than we had room for! The only slight complaint was about the spa, which could only be described as 'lukewarm'.

Groupon vouchers can sometimes be a bit 'dodgy', but there was nothing dodgy about this deal. I would certainly stay at the Stamford Glenelg again, with or without a voucher.

Room Tip: Consider up-grading to an Ocean-View room. It may be an extra $30, but the view is just amazing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nigreda

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay.
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I was pleased to read that you were delighted with the service you received whilst at the Stamford Grand. I am disappointed to learn that our spa did not meet your expectations and I have shared your feedback with my Maintenance Manager.
We are proud of our wonderful location and I am delighted to hear that you plan to return to our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Found the Stamford Grand to be excellent. The rooms are spacious with a great outlook. Bed was comfy, room service was great. I was on the 6th floor and it smelt of smokers at the time, but that is the only negative of my stay. I was there for a conference, the facilities were good and the food was awesome.

Thanks heaps, had a great weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view rooms, the city view rooms are above Jetty Road which has a popular night scene.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Shari H

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your conference stay with us and that you found our facilities and service excellent. We are in a wonderful location so I hope you had an opportunity to explore our surrounds as well.
Our entire property is non-smoking and I regret that your experience on Level 6 did not reflect this.
I hope we can look forward to hosting you again at the Stamford Grand, Adelaide.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our package included valet parking and breakfast, we didn't realise this but we're very happy to find it out. The valet parking made it really easy to check in and the valet guys were really helpful and polite.
Check in and out was easy and the front desk staff were also really helpful.
We had high tea, it was delicious and a few glasses of champagne really made a lovely afternoon!
The rooms were neat and tidy but nothing hugely special. The bed was comfy though.
Breakfast was buffet, fresh, lots of variety and a chef there to cook your eggs for you how you like.
Next time we would get 2 rooms and do a late checkout (pay the extra $20 and stay for several more hours) with our children. There are so many things you could do as a family nearby.
PS the massage place near the amusement centre does couples rooms. A relaxing way to spend an hour.....apparently I snored though! Lol

Room Tip: Although it would have been nice to have a beach view, we enjoyed the night light city view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scubadogz
Phil S, Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.
I have shared your compliments regarding our staff with my Managers who will commend their teams on their service. We are always delighted to hear that we maintain our exceptional service standards. We are proud of our location and are delighted to know that you plan to stay with us again, and perhaps for longer.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

As a birthday celebration my 11yo son and I spent a Friday night in a room overlooking the ocean. We absolutely loved it! The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and nicely decorated. My son ordered room service as a special treat and an enormous bowl of fries arrived at the room in very good time. We swam in the heated pool (a bummer that the spa was too cold) and checked out the gym - both areas had great views! My favourite part was the amazing view from our 9th floor room over beautiful Glenelg Beach. So relaxing sitting there just watching the world go by. We went to sleep listening to the waves. We enjoyed the complementary buffet breakfast the next morning - we didn't really need lunch that day! Overall a great stay with my son asking - can we live here?!!

Room Tip: The 9th floor gets you above the Norfolk pines that dot the foreshore, thereby you get an uninhibited view of the sea. Worth spending the extra money to have an ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LovingNepal
Phil S, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us. We are always delighted to hear from guests who enjoy the Hotel’s great location. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service so I am pleased you were delighted with the service you received. I have shared your compliments regarding your meals with my Director of Food & Beverage and my Executive Chef.

Once again thank you for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you (and your son) back to the Stamford Grand Adelaide.