“Service?”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The service at mamma Carmela was appauling. No greeting by staff, no eye contact. A waitress bought a latte over to our table, which no one ordered, and despite us telling her this, she dumped it on our table. The waiter who brought our food over was disgraceful. He announced every dish poorly and loudly in my ear, dumped the plates on the table and left.

I was also pretty anoyed that dogs were allowed in the alfresco area. I'm a dog owner, but seriously, I dont want to eat when surrounded by pooches. The next tale had a rather large dog with them, which they fed scraps too. If smoking is banned in places where people eat, shouldn't dogs be too?

The food was average, prices expensive and service poor. As a hospitality employee myself, I'd be sacked if I treated customers in the same way.

1  Thank LMS833

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good Pizza and right at the end of teh tram line in Glenelg.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Went for dinner in Glenelg and choose a table at Mamma Carmela. Even though the food was ok and the pricing not too bad, their wait staff are very rude and need to be trained on how to address and talk to customers. Unfortunately I won't be back, being treated like I'm a inconvienience to the staff because I want to order a meal is very unprofessional. Plus their latte's are terrible.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is a great little place with outdoor or indoor seating and easy walking distance from all of the beach area hotels in Glenelg. Large selection of pizzas and other Italian type fare. Pizza was tasty and decent sized portion and the outdoor seating is nice for people watching on Jetty Road. Great wine selection! I recommend the Squealing Pig Sauvignon Blanc if you're a white wine fan. If you're visiting from the States like I was, make sure and "soak up" (no pun intended) all the wonderful Oz and New Zealand wines while you're there. Many of them you can't get anywhere else.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Had a fantastic lunch here recently. The pizza I had was the best I had ever had - lots of toppings, very tasty and hot. The service was good and price was within normal range for this type of cafe. Will be back.