“It was ok”

Cuisines: Indian
Canberra, Australia
“It was ok”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We grabbed takeaway from here for 3 people, and walked down to the beach to watch the sunset.
The food was ok without being amazing. We just got 2 curries, rice and a few different naan. I think Indian is usually an expensive takeaway and this was pretty standard.

The food took a long time to prepare given there was only one table of people there when I went to place the order.
Also, the stairs up to this place need to be repaired. I thought I was going to fall through.

• Visited March 2013

Australia
“Sometimes really nice - last time not worth eating”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Visit Glenelg once or twice a year. Always get a pizza from Good Life - always yummy. I am also keen on Indian food so have been to this restaurant half a dozen times. Unfortunately this time my palak panner was not even green - it was orange and very oily. Not very appetising and makes me more hesitant to return. I have had some nice food from here previously so not sure if it is a 1 off!

• Visited March 2013
Benalla, Australia
“Good food OK service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to relax on the terrace while enjoying a lovely Indian meal.
Food was fresh and tasty prices were not to bad.
Service was ok but we were overcharged so check your bill.

2 Thank spiceoflifetravel
Adelaide, Australia
“A ruined NYE and a spoilt 18th birthday”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have been to this restaurant before. The food is okay, but the service is not always great. Regardless, my sister seemed to enjoy it and asked if the family and friends could have dinner there for her 18th birthday on NYE 2012.

We got there at 7pm for banquet service. The place was not busy at all (there were maybe three or four other tables) and we got our entrées at 7:30. We then had to wait until 08:40 before we got the main course served, despite being advised at 08:00 that it would be another 10-15 minutes. The naan was burnt, the curries lacked spice and flavour.

We asked for the bill after our disappointing meal. There were ten adults in our party, a six year old child and a two year old toddler. We were charged for twelve full people. We argued that we should not be charged full price for the children, especially the toddler who only ate a quarter of a naan and some salad.

I have no intentions of returning. This was a shambles of an evening. Thanks, Glenelg Indian Cuisine.

• Visited December 2012
Mount Gambier
“Just delicious”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have eaten here quite a few times in my life and have always enjoyed the food and the atmosphere of this little restaurant but have moved away from my home in Glenelg. Disappointingly, it has meant that I have missed out on what I consider the best Indian food in Adelaide. They say abscence makes the heart grow fonder and I had felt maybe this was the case with this restaurant so on a recent visit to Adelaide I put it to the test.

It appears my taste buds weren't reminiscing as once again I was in delight at the food I ate. I had a Lamb Korma, served hot and my wife had a butter chicken served mild. Both dishes reminded us what we had missed out on since our move. Add to that the delicious Naan bread and cheese naan and it was a night of eating that was definitely savoured.

• Visited December 2012