“Great food, great people!”
Review of Zest Cafe Gallery

Zest Cafe Gallery
Ranked #5 of 163 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zest Cafe Gallery serves breakfast and light lunches all day. You can sit and chat with friends over a hot coffee, loose leaf tea with fresh home made cake or muffin. Zest Cafe Gallery offers a comfortable, relaxed environment for you to either 'take five' during your busy day or enjoy a delicious meal to 'top up your tank' to keep going. Either way Zest Cafe Gallery's friendly service will ensure that you stop there is an enjoyable one.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This cafe has a charm and warmth that you rarely find. The food is excellent, for both breakfast and lunch, and the staff very friendly. Always a great place to visit. The owners, Cameron and Dave have been running this little gem for the past 13 years. Once you have eaten there, you will understand why its been successful for so long.

There are newer reviews for Zest Cafe Gallery

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the setting, the food here is excellent. Some unique dishes but all delicious. All meals do have a zestiness to them and sell for a reasonable price. Forget the boring cafes and try something different.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a great location, quiet and rustic. The food never fails to impress with a good modern vibe.

It can be difficult to get a seat which is off putting as reserved seats are often left empty for long periods.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

A small but very atmospheric cafe. My wife and I went with a friend who is a regular. She booked a great table near the roadside and suggested zesty eggs... They are fantastic! Staff were friendly but slightly disorganised.. But that was not a real problem.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Visited Zest Cafe yesterday for the first time. We ordered some drinks and a meal each, and it was all quite reasonable (I ordered chorizo sausage with a spinach/rice frittata), overall nothing to yell about but it was a fairly nice meal nonetheless. However, long after I'd finished my dish I saw a rather black hair sticking out of a part of the sausage that I was too full to eat and had left on the plate. And yes, I hoped at first that it was a stray hair that somehow flew over and stuck itself on the sausage, seeing as neither myself or my friend have black hair, but I pulled on it and it was actually stuck in the sausage itself. I realize the cafe probably doesn't make their own sausages, because I can't really think of another way that the hair would've ended up inside it, so I also realize that it may not be their fault but rather the fault of whoever they purchased the sausages from. So, just to make it clear, I'm not blaming the cafe for the incident, but rather how they consequently handled the situation. When the waiter came to pick up the plate, I pointed out the hair and he apologised and said he'd speak to his manager, which he did, and when he came back he said they wouldn't charge me for the the sausage (which I assumed to mean the meal), which I thought was fairly reasonable. But when we went to pay, it came to a bit over $30, which didn't make sense if they were only charging us for my friend's meal, plus two drinks. After some explaining by the waiter, turns out they were not charging me ONLY for the sausage that came with the hair, but the rest of my meal, i.e., the frittata and the sauce, I was still being charged for. I'm sure most people would agree finding a hair in you meal that doesn't belong to you (especially after you've eaten most of it) is fairly disgusting and kind of ruins the whole experience and which is something that, especially in a restaurant is a big no-no for which you'd think the place would go to great lengths to make it up to the customer and for which even refusing to charge us for the entire lunch 'experience' wouldn't have been too far fetched. Anyway, when he said it I was a bit dumbfounded and he did ask me if it's a problem, and I thought about it for a second and in the end just said 'yeah, whatever, I'll just pay for it', because firstly, I shouldn't really be put in a situation where I'm having to argue on something that basic in the middle of a cafe, and moreover, if I actually have to explain what is wrong with that decision, then there's really no use. If that's how they choose to handle it, then there's always sites like these, and also, the choice of never going there again.

Other than that, the cafe has a nice vibe, the food is nice and reasonably priced and the staff are otherwise pleasant and I LOVED that it's actually got table service, and it's probably down to all these reasons that most people have reviewed it positively. Unfortunately I happened to have a bad experience, which doesn't mean everyone will, but it just wasn't very pleasant. And and it's all a bit silly because, especially in a relatively small place like Adelaide, a lot of it is down to word of mouth, and with tools like trip advisor available, you can't really hide behind a bad managerial decision.

3  Thank Sonja236241