“Go for the Zesty eggs for brunch!”
Review of Zest Cafe Gallery

Zest Cafe Gallery
Ranked #5 of 163 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zest Cafe Gallery serves breakfast and light lunches all day. You can sit and chat with friends over a hot coffee, loose leaf tea with fresh home made cake or muffin. Zest Cafe Gallery offers a comfortable, relaxed environment for you to either 'take five' during your busy day or enjoy a delicious meal to 'top up your tank' to keep going. Either way Zest Cafe Gallery's friendly service will ensure that you stop there is an enjoyable one.
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

A small but very atmospheric cafe. My wife and I went with a friend who is a regular. She booked a great table near the roadside and suggested zesty eggs... They are fantastic! Staff were friendly but slightly disorganised.. But that was not a real problem.

There are newer reviews for Zest Cafe Gallery

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Visited Zest Cafe yesterday for the first time. We ordered some drinks and a meal each, and it was all quite reasonable (I ordered chorizo sausage with a spinach/rice frittata), overall nothing to yell about but it was a fairly nice meal nonetheless. However, long after I'd finished my dish I saw a rather black hair sticking out of a part of the sausage that I was too full to eat and had left on the plate. And yes, I hoped at first that it was a stray hair that somehow flew over and stuck itself on the sausage, seeing as neither myself or my friend have black hair, but I pulled on it and it was actually stuck in the sausage itself. I realize the cafe probably doesn't make their own sausages, because I can't really think of another way that the hair would've ended up inside it, so I also realize that it may not be their fault but rather the fault of whoever they purchased the sausages from. So, just to make it clear, I'm not blaming the cafe for the incident, but rather how they consequently handled the situation. When the waiter came to pick up the plate, I pointed out the hair and he apologised and said he'd speak to his manager, which he did, and when he came back he said they wouldn't charge me for the the sausage (which I assumed to mean the meal), which I thought was fairly reasonable. But when we went to pay, it came to a bit over $30, which didn't make sense if they were only charging us for my friend's meal, plus two drinks. After some explaining by the waiter, turns out they were not charging me ONLY for the sausage that came with the hair, but the rest of my meal, i.e., the frittata and the sauce, I was still being charged for. I'm sure most people would agree finding a hair in you meal that doesn't belong to you (especially after you've eaten most of it) is fairly disgusting and kind of ruins the whole experience and which is something that, especially in a restaurant is a big no-no for which you'd think the place would go to great lengths to make it up to the customer and for which even refusing to charge us for the entire lunch 'experience' wouldn't have been too far fetched. Anyway, when he said it I was a bit dumbfounded and he did ask me if it's a problem, and I thought about it for a second and in the end just said 'yeah, whatever, I'll just pay for it', because firstly, I shouldn't really be put in a situation where I'm having to argue on something that basic in the middle of a cafe, and moreover, if I actually have to explain what is wrong with that decision, then there's really no use. If that's how they choose to handle it, then there's always sites like these, and also, the choice of never going there again.

Other than that, the cafe has a nice vibe, the food is nice and reasonably priced and the staff are otherwise pleasant and I LOVED that it's actually got table service, and it's probably down to all these reasons that most people have reviewed it positively. Unfortunately I happened to have a bad experience, which doesn't mean everyone will, but it just wasn't very pleasant. And and it's all a bit silly because, especially in a relatively small place like Adelaide, a lot of it is down to word of mouth, and with tools like trip advisor available, you can't really hide behind a bad managerial decision.

3  Thank Sonja236241
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a quick lunch here - a delicious Greek salad and a ham baguette - food was great, fresh and tasty. The staff were friendly and helpful. You can sit outside on the street as well as inside. Great little cafe.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

When eating solo , all the qualities of a cafe are exaggerated and Zest passed with flying colours. A smiling welcome , table of own choice , quiet modern music, water already on table , a bench of mags and papers plus innovative fresh food. Breakfast can be traditional eggs & bacon with a twist of Mediterranean , Corsican or Lebanese flavour . My favourite is either the muesli with fresh fruit accompanied by a small milk jug and pot of yoghurt or poached eggs on butter toast topped with smoked salmon flavoured with seeded mustard and orange zest crema. I walked out with a spring in my step and happy tastebuds; a great way to start the day.
Get there early as this smallish cafe is squeezy and popular.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband found Zest online and what a find it was! Tucked away down a side street in Glenelg, this little gem of a place has it all. All the staff are friendly! Can you believe it? We started with coffee, which can be hit and miss. However, the cute little miss that made our coffee is a true caffeine and soy artist. Our handsome waiter was oozing patients and kindness as I tweaked my order to suit my food allergy (a real one, not a 'look at me' one). My husband had bagels and cream cheese, while I had poached eggs and smoked salmon on whole wheat toast. One of the kitchen staff brought mine out and apologized for it taking so long, but that she had overlooked the eggs and she wasn't going to send then out like that, so she cooked some more! By now I wanted to move in. I couldn't leave without another cup of the coffee artists masterpieces, so we had more coffee. So there we were, high on caffeine, reluctant to leave, but too full to order anything more.
We paid the bill, waxed lyrical about them and their cafe and parted company. But we cannot forget you, Zest. We're already planning a reunion...