“Zest is best .”

Zest Cafe Gallery
Ranked #5 of 161 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zest Cafe Gallery serves breakfast and light lunches all day. You can sit and chat with friends over a hot coffee, loose leaf tea with fresh home made cake or muffin. Zest Cafe Gallery offers a comfortable, relaxed environment for you to either 'take five' during your busy day or enjoy a delicious meal to 'top up your tank' to keep going. Either way Zest Cafe Gallery's friendly service will ensure that you stop there is an enjoyable one.
Sydney, Australia
“Zest is best .”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

When eating solo , all the qualities of a cafe are exaggerated and Zest passed with flying colours. A smiling welcome , table of own choice , quiet modern music, water already on table , a bench of mags and papers plus innovative fresh food. Breakfast can be traditional eggs & bacon with a twist of Mediterranean , Corsican or Lebanese flavour . My favourite is either the muesli with fresh fruit accompanied by a small milk jug and pot of yoghurt or poached eggs on butter toast topped with smoked salmon flavoured with seeded mustard and orange zest crema. I walked out with a spring in my step and happy tastebuds; a great way to start the day.
Get there early as this smallish cafe is squeezy and popular.

• Visited April 2013

Mildura
“Secret hideaway.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband found Zest online and what a find it was! Tucked away down a side street in Glenelg, this little gem of a place has it all. All the staff are friendly! Can you believe it? We started with coffee, which can be hit and miss. However, the cute little miss that made our coffee is a true caffeine and soy artist. Our handsome waiter was oozing patients and kindness as I tweaked my order to suit my food allergy (a real one, not a 'look at me' one). My husband had bagels and cream cheese, while I had poached eggs and smoked salmon on whole wheat toast. One of the kitchen staff brought mine out and apologized for it taking so long, but that she had overlooked the eggs and she wasn't going to send then out like that, so she cooked some more! By now I wanted to move in. I couldn't leave without another cup of the coffee artists masterpieces, so we had more coffee. So there we were, high on caffeine, reluctant to leave, but too full to order anything more.
We paid the bill, waxed lyrical about them and their cafe and parted company. But we cannot forget you, Zest. We're already planning a reunion...

• Visited April 2013
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Good service clean venue”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great smoothies, polite staff and clean all over, also close to tram.
There's a variety of possibilities on the menu to refresh.

Visited March 2013
Mackay, Australia
“Delish!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had breaky here one morning and a log with the comfortable ambience, the staff and food were worth going back for! I had the salmon and eggs with gluten free toast and there was nothing left on my plate. There have a couple of talented baristas which makes for an enjoyable coffee experience.
I nice space to sit and watch the day go by on a not too busy street, eat beautiful food and enjoy a well make coffee.

• Visited February 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Good little nook for a coffee”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

met some friends there for a coffee - good, small, cozy for a good chat without alot of noise. staff attentive. can't say anything about the food, but my chai latte was good.

Visited February 2013