“Best authentic Greek food in Adelaide”
Review of Kefi Greek Cuisine

Kefi Greek Cuisine
Ranked #38 of 170 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The food here is sensational
Authentic Greek food and portions
Very easy to over order however the staff are happy for you to take left overs home
Staff are all family (or appear to be) so the polish of the better restaurants (Zucca / Eros) isnt there, however that's part of the atmosphere which makes it special
Hard to get in so book ahead

1  Thank whatithink2010

Reviewed February 14, 2013

After trying on several occasions to make a booking at Kefi and being told they were booked out on my dates of choice, I opted to try them via takeaway instead.

Phoned my order through at 6:25pm and was told there would be a one hours wait (Thursday night, albeit Valentines Day), this was ok with me and I placed our order. Was disappointed that the spanikopita on the menu wasn't available.

When we arrived at the restaurant at 7:30 to collect our dinner there was a large amount of vacant tables and a long line of diners waiting to collect their meals. We proceeded to wait another 30 minutes, finally receiving our order around 8pm!!

The meal itself wasn't anything special, but they were large. If you order a main meal each, you will not need an entree. We made that mistake. My boyfriend, who often complains of meal size, even in generous restaurants couldn't get through his souvlaki. The meals were relatively tasty but fatty (bread fried in oil, greasy lamb cutlets), the salad wasn't a traditional Greek salad and the potatoes were mushy. Definitely not the best Greek meal I've had and after having to wait an hour and a half to eat it, we probably won't be going back.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Have just finished dinner at Kefi after recommendation from friend. One word to sum it up is magnificent. We had the meat platter for two for $80.00 and we have never seen so much food served for two people. We managed to eat some chicken yiros, half a quail, lamb cutlets some salad and potato and we were done, still had four pork ribs, four large souvlaki, half a quail and chicken wings to go plus salad and potatoes. Lunch tomorrow. Would come again and highly recommend. Need to book as restaurant full.

3  Thank Greg_Sheree
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We are rather partial to Greek cuisine and over the last few years have noticed an increase of Greek restaurants in Adelaide and its suburbs. We are particulary fond of two - Kefi's and Taverna in Brompton. You need to book Kefi's well in advance but the food is worth the inconvenience. Everything is fresh, tasty and plentiful. If there is at least four at the table, start with dips and only order one entree each and share. If you're still hungry, then order mains. If you go straight to mains and order the mixed seafood, you want to be a big eater, otherwise you'll be eating leftovers for lunch the next day. The restaurant is a tad on the noisey side, but hey, we go there to eat. Entrees we can recommend are the zucchini balls and the grilled octopus. If you are into desserts, try the homemade katifi or galaktoboriko (I think that's how it is spelt).

1  Thank SeamusBeagle
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Shocking service. We booked with a pram and highchair, and when we arrived we were shoved in the back, then as more people came into the restaurant I was asked to move my pram out of the way... My response was that I booked for a pram and asked where they wanted me to put my sleeping baby! There was no room. At the end of the dinner, with a full room, I could no long fit my pram through to get out. After asking a staff member how to get my pram out I was simply told rudely "good luck"! Rude rude rude! Wrong drinks and wrong meals were bought to the table, and the sausage was completely under cooked both times. Who cooks a sausage in 2-5min! Not possible! We had to clear the table ourselves after entree and no effort was made to refresh drinks.