“Amazing Range”

Watermark Glenelg
Ranked #16 of 175 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Watermark Glenelg International Buffet, attracts large numbers of local, interstate and international visitors - an indication of consistency, quality and value for money. We guarantee the freshest quality produce on a daily basis. With over 100 dishes on offer, and a complete homemade dessert range, even the fussiest of eaters will walk away satisfied. It is a great place to bring your family and friends - how could 150000 patrons every year be wrong?
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We came here for an early lunch before some beach fun. The range of dishes that they have is quite amazing. If you are looking for top of the range dining than this buffet is not it, but if you are looking to have a good sized meal with pretty much every taste catered for. Then this is the place. The combination of reasonable pricing, helpful staff and actually quite tasty selection is worth the trip. Not a place that you would go on a romantic date. The day we went they were hosting a camp for children living with cancer and apparently they donate some money the entire year from every diner which goes through there. This really impressed me and I like a restaurant that also has social conscience. So all in all a pleasant and fulfilling eating out experience.

1  Thank Flangelina

Reviewed April 10, 2014

There is a great variety of food but many of the dishes were just luke warm and should have been piping hot. The night we went,there were blow flies around the seafood dishes which wasn't the best welcome to the restaurant. The staff were very accomodating and made us feel welcome.

1  Thank phantomac
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Ate in the bistro recently (wouldn't go back to the buffet as had a bad experience there a few years ago). Was initially impressed by the range of food on the menu and the inexpensive prices but the quality of the food matched the prices. Person who took the order wrote down the wrong table number and it took a while or them to work out who the order belonged to, even though there were 6 of us and it wasn't crowded in the area where we were seated. Two people had ordered steaks and neither was convinced they got the cut of steak they ordered. I had a chicken parmi which was so hard and dried up I could hardly cut it with a knife. Even the tomato topping had dried up. Had to cut off all around the outside of the schnitzel and eat a little of the chicken in the middle but even this was dry and hard to swallow. Had my favourite dessert of pannna cotta on the menu but I was once again disappointed as it was like hard rubber - could hardly get a spoon into it. A disappointing night all round for me.

1  Thank Debbie14_12
Reviewed March 11, 2014

A group of 36 of us attended the Buffet lunch recently at the Watermark. I was certainly impressed with the range of food on offer, soups, entree's, main's and sweets, The food was kept up to us and was all fresh. I don't think anyone would go hungry there as they do not stop you going back for more and more. Drinks were standard lounge bar prices but the service was a little slow as the buffet was crowded and only 2 staff on the bar.

1  Thank BobbyBAdelaide
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Went for lunch, staff were friendly, food was terrible, fried rice was very salty, meat/chicken was chewy overcooked, fatty, salty, the only thing I enjoyed was my roll and soft drink. Over priced felt like I was eating in a food court.

1  Thank Willandgrace07