“Watermark Glenelg”

Watermark Glenelg
Ranked #10 of 170 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Watermark Glenelg International Buffet, attracts large numbers of local, interstate and international visitors - an indication of consistency, quality and value for money. We guarantee the freshest quality produce on a daily basis. With over 100 dishes on offer, and a complete homemade dessert range, even the fussiest of eaters will walk away satisfied. It is a great place to bring your family and friends - how could 150000 patrons every year be wrong?
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Ate in the bistro recently (wouldn't go back to the buffet as had a bad experience there a few years ago). Was initially impressed by the range of food on the menu and the inexpensive prices but the quality of the food matched the prices. Person who took the order wrote down the wrong table number and it took a while or them to work out who the order belonged to, even though there were 6 of us and it wasn't crowded in the area where we were seated. Two people had ordered steaks and neither was convinced they got the cut of steak they ordered. I had a chicken parmi which was so hard and dried up I could hardly cut it with a knife. Even the tomato topping had dried up. Had to cut off all around the outside of the schnitzel and eat a little of the chicken in the middle but even this was dry and hard to swallow. Had my favourite dessert of pannna cotta on the menu but I was once again disappointed as it was like hard rubber - could hardly get a spoon into it. A disappointing night all round for me.

1  Thank Debbie14_12

Reviewed March 11, 2014

A group of 36 of us attended the Buffet lunch recently at the Watermark. I was certainly impressed with the range of food on offer, soups, entree's, main's and sweets, The food was kept up to us and was all fresh. I don't think anyone would go hungry there as they do not stop you going back for more and more. Drinks were standard lounge bar prices but the service was a little slow as the buffet was crowded and only 2 staff on the bar.

1  Thank BobbyBAdelaide
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Went for lunch, staff were friendly, food was terrible, fried rice was very salty, meat/chicken was chewy overcooked, fatty, salty, the only thing I enjoyed was my roll and soft drink. Over priced felt like I was eating in a food court.

1  Thank Willandgrace07
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great food and very friendly staff.
Both food and drinks were reasonably priced.
We dined during the early sitting.
We found that the miserable little dessert bowls lowered the tone a bit.
There is a sign which encourages people to control their children within the food area. Those people who could read English seemed to cope with this OK. However, the sign needs to be written in another language as there were groups who seemingly could not understand English..
All in all though, a good experience and we will return in a few days

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Casual dining with a hotel atmosphere. Buffet available in dining area, and extensive menu available in lounge area. Affordable dining worth the visit.