“Love the meals”

Watermark Glenelg
Ranked #9 of 170 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Australian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Watermark Glenelg International Buffet, attracts large numbers of local, interstate and international visitors - an indication of consistency, quality and value for money. We guarantee the freshest quality produce on a daily basis. With over 100 dishes on offer, and a complete homemade dessert range, even the fussiest of eaters will walk away satisfied. It is a great place to bring your family and friends - how could 150000 patrons every year be wrong?
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I absolutely loved the meals here. I went with my husband and 2 kids. The presentation is fantastic as well. Perfect spot, would have loved to spend more time here.

1  Thank alvesfamily06

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel offers a buffet all-you-can-eat dinner with a huge choice of food. And the price is reasonable. Dining room is modern and the service excellent.

1  Thank Rescobee
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had the smorgasbord lunch today with my 3 yr old daughter and I must I was quite impressed with the wide array of food. The food was replenshed very quickly so that the freshness was always excellent. I only have a couple of critisms:that a few of the foods were over cooked like the pappadams and the roasted potatoes; and that the chocolate truffle balls were bland, flavourless and felt like a wad of gloop in my mouth. But generally the rest of the food was excellent. Plus an added bonus was that my daughter got to eat for free and had unlimited drinks. I will definitely return here for future events. Drink prices were average. I had a wine and a soft drink. The soft drink was a bit over-priced I thought but the wine was on par to what I would buy elsewhere. The staff were quick to clear away the dirty/empty plates which was good to see. This restaurant seems to be very popular with the elderly for lunchtime. Overall it was a very pleasant visit. The only suggestion I would make is that maybe they would want to invest in a small indoor playground for the kids. This would make the whole experience of eating here with kids that much more enjoyable...happy kids..happy family.

1  Thank DKilp1971
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I don't really like smorgasbords but I've been to the Watermark a few times now for family gatherings and I've always found it to be pretty good.
There is a lot to choose from so variety is very good. They cater for everyone as there are healthier options to choose from if that's what you want but you can also have a splurge.
The hot food is hot and the salads are fresh.
I usually have the roast with vegetables and it's quite tasty.
The service is average. They take your plates away when finished but sometimes it takes a while to get drinks.
It's usually quite a busy place so if you are going with a big group book beforehand, particularly if it's on Mother's Day etc.
But overall a good place if you want a good feed.
Sometimes I think it's a bit expensive because for myself I just stick to the roast and vegies and don't really have much else but when you see what other people eat and how many times they go up the price would be well worth it for them.
There's also a time limit so I think they do lunch for a couple of hours and dinner is the same so you can't stay there for too long and you can't eat the whole time you are there as they then do close the buffet.

1  Thank EatPrayLove123
Reviewed May 1, 2013

To sum up ...... if you can't choose a range of food at the Watermark's buffet that makes you happy .... you are a fool !!!
The price was $29.50 per head but the quality, range & service was as good as anywhere i've eaten.
Anyone who nit picks over any minor faults is too choosy.
They have a range of chinese, indian, roasts, soups, salads, and accompianments to rival any buffet i've had.

GIVE IT A GO ..... but book ahead !!! It's very busy