“Friday night with friends”
Review of Zucca

Zucca
Ranked #18 of 161 Restaurants in Glenelg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Voted best Greek Restaurant in Australia 2010 is national restaurant & catering awards
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Friday night with friends”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Shared some mezze with some friends on a very busy Friday night. The mezze food was excellent - especially the warm olives and the lamb souvlaki, and the first dishes came out quite quickly followed by the rest at a good staggered pace. Deserts were good, but room temperature instead of cold would have helped the flavour and the fig brulee was too runny - more like very thin custard than the soft set expected. The waiting staff need a little more training. They forgot one of our drinks at the start and then I seemed to be invisible for the rest of the night. The charming older Greek ( ? - looked the part anyway) gentlemen that seemed to be overseeing the staff made up for this though. Very pleasant evening.

• Visited January 2014

Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent Greek food”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Tremendous food (try the 5, 7 or 9 course share banquet), extensive wine list, knowledgeable and helpful staff all combine for a tremendous evening.

• Visited January 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Mortified”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The service was so beyond unacceptable I was shocked. So disappointed as I have been here before, several times and have recommended it to others. I will no longer do this. The disregard for my patronage by the waitress which served us thankfully did not mirror the mostly good quality tasty treats offered by the kitchen. If only this was my one cause for discontent.

What is more sad, is, when I phoned, the following morning to discuss the behaviour of said waitress with an owner, all that could be said in return was that he would "take it up" with the waitress in question and would "hope that I would return". Perhaps I was too humiliated to give him a chance to give a better option of outcome, but for best Greek Restaurant 2010 and 2012 in SA I would have thought their resolution management would be better.

All I know is, I was given plenty of reasons not to return, either with a large or a small booking.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank eMILY s
Cephalonia, Greece
“A Greek Restaurant - in OZ”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We are both "Greek o files" so it was a great surprise for us to find a Greek Restaurant in OZ.

Not a typical "Greek Menu" but very good - more like a Meze - and very enjoyable.

The Ouzo was not very strong and when we spoke to the staff in Greek - they did not understand us - as they were ITALIAN - but the food was very good and worth a visit.

We were in the restaurant at sunset - the sky was bright orange - but the doors were locked so we had to go to a bar 3 doors down to get a lovely picture - why do they lock their doors HUM - never mind - it was a lovely meal

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JJ1875
Greater Adelaide, Australia
“Sunday lunch with a view”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our group shared 8 meze dishes, 2 beers and two bottles of wine . Standouts were the scallops which were just cooked and succulent , the local S.A. calamari - which when done well is the very best, and the goat stifado. The grilled octopus was just ok and the pork yiros was yummy, but a small serve for the price.

You are paying a premium for the position but overall a good meal and I'd go back. Try Estia up the road in Henley Square for a cheaper, and perhaps more authenic experience for a comparison.

Visited December 2013